Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Re: fixed screen lag

You can also turn on art in the developer section as well,

Posted via Android Central App nexus 7

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site

I was only trying to fix the very bad screen lag and failure to respond to screen taps.
.. that was driving me nuts.. I was about to junk it.
All fixed now.. It's great!

Not sure what "art" does?

Dennis

mikemike162012

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site

Hmm... Interesting does this also fixed the problem where the screen missed touches when laying it flat on the table? I just wrapped my device ready to be sent in for repair. Curious!

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
Just tried it and it seems to.
I never really used it like that.
Mine never worked even when I held it in my hand.
.. best part is the keyboard works WAY be better. I guess it was unable to figure out what was being swiped.
.. and I also changed from Davirk to Art and it does seem even more responsive.
It is really amazing.. I was going to junk it and now it is fabulous.

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
Turning on antialiasing (MSAA) to fix touchscreen bugs makes absolutely no sense to me. Keep in mind that all these settings cause the CPU to do more work, which leads to faster battery drain.

If you want a real fix, try this one (or exchange your device):
Take that multi-touch! Fix and lock in what works for YOU regardless of updates - xda-developers

Posted via Android Central App
I just turned MSAA off and the tablet is still blazing fast so I guess you are correct.

Actually, I've now just turned off EVERYTHING in the developer section and the the speed and touch issues are still fixed.
I have only ONE check box on in developers and that is the "stay awake" button..
.. EVERYTHING else is unchecked.

I did install the new Google search launcher yesterday.. Not sure if that is having something to do with all this?

Relgoshan

May 16, 2011
Visit site
The next time I get access to an N7 2013 I should tamper with this. The only two I've seen had choppy scrolling and render lag in apps like YouTube. My Snapdragon 400 based tablet "weighed down" with TouchWiz was running rings around the N7 and I chalked it up to the slower CPU core struggling with display scaling.

NoraMelua

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
The next time I get access to an N7 2013 I should tamper with this. The only two I've seen had choppy scrolling and render lag in apps like YouTube. My Snapdragon 400 based tablet "weighed down" with TouchWiz was running rings around the N7 and I chalked it up to the slower CPU core struggling with display scaling.
That's certainly not the usual behavior of a N7 2013. It's still one of the fastest tablets around.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463