Nexus 7: Screen Issue

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
Some of the answer on here tell me sending my tablet to Asus for service is the right choice. To check if your screen is having any touch issue, lay it flat on a table with only hand hand touching the screen. Don't put it in a case as I find it hides away the problem at times. The dead spots are usually on the edges on the top side of the screen.

Key words are "at times".
mine is always in a case and if it hides it, it doesn't do too good a job of it as I have problems if device is out of my hands 90% of the time while in the case.

I can't imagine it being any worse really.

Relgoshan

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Developer Options are not activated by default. To make them available, go to Settings>About Tablet, and tap Build Number 7 times. This will make Developer Options available, after which you can then turn them on and then change to ART.

No ART for my Tab but thanks on the MSAA, several games look much better...

Marcelo Rozen

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
My 2013 nexus 7 also has a screen that acts up. Erratic, unresponsive, goes crazy jumping from screen to screen.
I need to reboot almost daily. It is a bore...
It feels as if screen gets "loaded with static"... no clue. It is not a virus

Ronald Geiken

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I have a problem when it is in portrait mode. I can't pull down the notification at the top. When I turn the tablet to landscape mode, it does work from the top, so that says that the top in the portrait mode does not have any sensitivity. I bought this as a refurbished unit late last year, and it had 4.4.2 on it initially, and since I use the tablet in landscape mode most of the time did not notice it initially. If you wanted to use this tablet in portrait mode, it would be a frustrating experience. I have a Nexus 7 and Nexus 10 a Samsung Note 10.1 2012, and also have a Samsung Tab S which is my favorite as of May 2015. All the other ones are are from the 2012 era except for the nexus 7 2013. The Samsungs are much better tablets that the Google Nexus, but they have not kept up to date on the updates. My Samsung Tab S was recently updated to Android 5.0.2 and works OK. Both of the Nexus Tablets can mirror to my big screen TV, but the Samsung's will only mirror to my 2014 Samsung TV. Android is kind of mixed bag, but I know that I will never buy another Nexus product when they go bad. I will stick with the Samsung devices since they are more professionally made.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca