Nexus 7: SwiftKey problems

jc0187

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
So I have been noticing issues on both my N7 and N4 while using SwiftKey. One issue, specifically with my N7 is sometimes when I am typing really fast, the keyboard switches from the alphabet keyboard to the numerical/special characters keyboard. Another issue is sometimes I cannot spell a word properly and will hit the microphone button on the keyboard to speak the word and it locks up the keyboard where I cannot delete the spoken words if it does not translate properly. It is frustrating when typing on forums. Has anyone else had this issue? I'm guessing I should uninstall and re-install SwiftKey to fix.

Last edited by a moderator:

cybernutte

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
I have both SwiftKey and SwiftKey beta on my Nexus 7 (2013), and I haven't noticed the problem of the keyboard switching from alphabet to number or special character keyboards. (I can't comment on the other issue since I don't use speech with SwiftKey.)

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I think you are accidentally hitting the number key to switch the keyboard. That may often happen if typing too fast across the keyboard.

About the keyboard locking up, haven't experienced that either. Might want to uninstall then reinstall to see if that fixes the problem.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Make Swiftkey beta your primary input (uncheck the regular Swiftkey), then add the numbers row to the keyboard. You can always long press for most symbols.

Sent from my SM-N900P using AC Forums mobile app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC