Nexus 7 (2013) is now $49.99 on Verizon!

Relgoshan

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Got my Tab 3 7.0 LTE from Sprint during January customer-only promotion. $0 in store, $0 tax, $0 activation, $15/mo 2GB data. It'll be about $400 total added to my Sprint bill over two years, if you add in the miniscule rise in my service fees. It's not the ****ty PXA986, it's the most excellent MSM8930AB same as the Mega and Mini.

An LTE Nexus 7 should similarly not cost you more than $400-500 over two years for at *least* 2GB/mo. Otherwise you may as well buy the wifi model for $200 or less and just deal with dead zones.

vladfan

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
I got mine as a birthday gift on release day. 2 weeks later it was on a 2 day sale for $99 so i went in and Verizon gave me a credit. I am going to see if they will give me more credit since it keeps getting cheaper every 2 weeks. It's worth the try.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
$10/mo on share everything plan is a good deal

Yeah this deal is pretty much only good for those who either really want the tablet and must have verizon or for more everything plan users

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

jerrykur

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Yeah this deal is pretty much only good for those who either really want the tablet and must have verizon or for more everything plan users

I somewhat agree. Since Verizon does not care if you tether when you are on Share Everything why not just use your phone as a mobile hotspot? I do that and see 15-20 mbit/sec on my Nexus 7. Sure I have to carry my phone, but I always have that with me anyway.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
It could be a convenience thing

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I somewhat agree. Since Verizon does not care if you tether when you are on Share Everything why not just use your phone as a mobile hotspot? I do that and see 15-20 mbit/sec on my Nexus 7. Sure I have to carry my phone, but I always have that with me anyway.

i use my Optimus G as a Hotspot for my G Pad, but it does consume battery. I'm lucky to always be around a charger, whether in my office or in my car. If i wasn't, i'd pay the $10/mo for the tablet to have its own LTE radio. Unfortunately, AT&T does not have a good nexus 7 deal like this :(

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
It could be a convenience thing

It's definitely a convenience thing. And battery life of your phone. I'm trying to decide if I want to pay the extra for the LTE version and $10 per month on AT&T or just tether. Tethering is a little bit of a pain, but not impossible to deal with.

fed123

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Decided to spring for it even though I have the 2012 Nexus 7 and the Galaxy Nexus on share everything. The Galaxy Nexus is running down and will now consider doing without the phone and just text when I am not at home or work.

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
It's definitely a convenience thing. And battery life of your phone. I'm trying to decide if I want to pay the extra for the LTE version and $10 per month on AT&T or just tether. Tethering is a little bit of a pain, but not impossible to deal with.
Just wondering why tethering is a pain? Seems simple enough to activate tethering on the phone...

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Just wondering why tethering is a pain? Seems simple enough to activate tethering on the phone...

It is simple. But you're also using your battery on your phone at the same time. If you have an LTE tablet you don't have to worry about it. Just pick up and go. I was just saying that's why some people will spend the extra for data rather than having to have their tethering turned on on their phone and making sure it's close.

Relgoshan

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Yes. I originally planned to drop my plan to a lower tier to save money, lowering the lifetime price of my Tab 3 7.0 LTE to only $150. But the integrated data has justified itself (at $400 for two years of 2GB).

I just don't think that over $700 is a good price. So the Share Everything may be a nice compromise. If you already have a Verizon smartphone.

BryanTheRed

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Tethering is not always a very reliable connection either. My parents had planned to drop a hotspot off their share plan and use the phones for tethering but they had so many connectivity issues they opted to keep the hotspot active.

Relgoshan

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Depends on the model, yes. My Echo has better throughput used as a wifi hot spot than it does directly accessing its own connection. I have played a few online games through it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463