Any apps known to make Nexus 7 unstable?

LucyLucid

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Lately, my Nexus 7 has been getting unstable due to an increased amount of ghost taps and apps not responding, however when I go into safe mode, all the problems disappear like thin air. So, I think it the apps fault that this has been happening. Anybody tell me what apps are affecting my tablet? For reference, I am still using 4.3

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Lately, my Nexus 7 has been getting unstable due to an increased amount of ghost taps and apps not responding, however when I go into safe mode, all the problems disappear like thin air. So, I think it the apps fault that this has been happening. Anybody tell me what apps are affecting my tablet? For reference, I am still using 4.3

I would suggest clearing cache in recovery and see of that helps.
http://forums.androidcentral.com/go...e-nexus-7-2012-2013-cache-partition-wipe.html

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That's a good idea. Otherwise, you may just want to uninstall your most recent apps one by one and see when the problem goes away.

physioprof

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
Also, why not update to KitKat? That has helped some people's ghost taps and stuck keys.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Anybody tell me what apps are affecting my tablet?
Certainly! Let me put my psychic hat on and determine all of the apps that you have installed on your tablet; then I'll run those results through Static Analysis tools to identify which app is causing your problems.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

LucyLucid

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
OK, I tried cache cleaning but it went back to be ghost touch y within a day. I also can't upgrade to 4.4 because when ever I do try to upgrade, it never restart after the countdown, plus I've heard way too many 4.4 horror stories.. I'll get my apps listed soon. I'm pretty sure its the apps causing the problem because whenever I go into safe mode, everything is fine. I've been having slight ghost touch issues for a while, so I'm pretty attached to some apps and their data but it's gotten worse lately.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
OK, I tried cache cleaning but it went back to be ghost touch y within a day. I also can't upgrade to 4.4 because when ever I do try to upgrade, it never restart after the countdown, plus I've heard way too many 4.4 horror stories.. I'll get my apps listed soon. I'm pretty sure its the apps causing the problem because whenever I go into safe mode, everything is fine. I've been having slight ghost touch issues for a while, so I'm pretty attached to some apps and their data but it's gotten worse lately.

Then the best thing to do would be to reset, and slowly reinstall your apps. Add a few, observe for several hours, add more. Once you notice problems, it is in one of the apps you installed in the recent batch.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
whenever I go into safe mode, everything is fine
It's definitely some 3rd party app if this is the case. Either start uninstalling apps one-by-one (with a reboot after each uninstall) or as the previous poster suggested just perform a Factory Reset and start with a clean slate.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

LucyLucid

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
OK, its gotten better after I uninstalled a app called sketcher which was made for donut android and I've just uninstalled a other app call hacker's keyboard after it went all ghost touchy on me after I opened it. Everything seems to be okay for now. Edit, for how I found out, I used an app called App lister

Last edited:

joe_fresh

Trusted Member
Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
One app i noticed was D-link lite. an app to view a cam in my infant daughters room. noticed horrible battery life even if the app hasnt been used.

jerrykur

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
OK, its gotten better after I uninstalled a app called sketcher which was made for donut android and I've just uninstalled a other app call hacker's keyboard after it went all ghost touchy on me after I opened it. Everything seems to be okay for now.

Glad you found the issue. I wish other people would do similar type of investigation when their device starts working strangely. People don't seem to understand that there can be are pieces of an application, or service invoked by that application that continue to run long after the UI is gone. And these pieces can cause issues.

joe_fresh

Trusted Member
Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Glad you found the issue. I wish other people would do similar type of investigation when their device starts working strangely. People don't seem to understand that there can be are pieces of an application, or service invoked by that application that continue to run long after the UI is gone. And these pieces can cause issues.
One thing I noticed was the android system was killing mine.