App to lock tablet on a particular application?

sethgoldstein

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
I've seen this for the iPad. Is there an app that locks the device to just one app for when the little ones want to play on the tablet?

I'd like it to be still usable for me as well.

Any ideas?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Probably not exactly what you're looking for, but Kids Place is a good kid-friendly launcher that locks them out of other sensitive areas of the tablet. It's PIN protected, so you can make sure only you are able to exit to the main launcher.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
There are a bazillion apps that will PREVENT you from using certain apps, but I didn't run across one that will FORCE you to use only one app. A launcher like what was previously recommended seems to be the easiest way to limit usage to a certain subset (including just one).

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

carrot0115

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
You can try AppLock to lock apps. It will ask for password when someone try to open apps. You can also set a cover for locked apps. When clicking the app icon, it will show fingerprint scanner or unfortunately, the app has stopped.

masseurca

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I've seen this for the iPad. Is there an app that locks the device to just one app for when the little ones want to play on the tablet?

I'd like it to be still usable for me as well.

Any ideas?

It is built into Android and part of the Guest account. You can lock them into certain apps, even handing your phone to someone to scroll through pix, they can scroll to ones you allow.