Nexus 7 stuck at lock screen

Pat Murray1

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
My (1st gen) Nexus 7 is stuck at the lock screen. I have soft rebooted it, nothing. Then I wiped the cache. It is still stuck at the lock screen. Any recommendations??

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! So you're unable to do anything on the lockscreen? Does it register any touch? Is it set to slide unlock, or do you need to enter a PIN or pattern?

Posted via Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
What do you mean pulldown menus? There are no pulldowns on the lockscreen. I wonder if we're talking about the same thing.

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
I can use the pull down menus but nothing else.

I have seen this before on a samsung tablet, where it wouldn't recognize touch to unlock it from the lock screen but could still pull down the notification shade. I don't have an answer for you unfortunately, but it would be nice to figure this out.

Pat Murray1

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
The "lock" is on the screen. It is my normal start up page after it boots up. I REALLY want to get this fixed. I can't afford a new tablet right now.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
When you say you wiped the cache, do you mean wiping the system cache partition from the Recovery Menu?

Pat Murray1

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
I did do a cache reset before but I just did a hard reset. I thought I had it fix BUT when I tried to connect my WiFi it let me type in my password but it would not let me connect it. I am REALLY lost now.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Try rebooting your router by unplugging its power for 10 seconds, then plugging back in.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Still worth trying, since it's simple and quick. Wi-Fi devices can behave oddly when it comes to routers, so this is an easy way to narrow the problem down.

Last edited:

Alyssa Daniels

Dec 11, 2014
Visit site
when i press the unlock button, and it wakes up, i am able to enter in my password, but it doesnt do anything when i press "done" to unlock the nexus. Sometimes it freezes completely, sometimes im able to push the letters on the keybored, they will light up but it doesnt type anything. the last thing i want to do is reset the whole thing, i have way to many items that i cant lose. please help, thank you

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar