Wifi stops working properly: Adblock Plus Issue?

Seth Lamb1

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Sometimes on my Nexus 7 2013, the internet suddenly stops working properly. It shows as connected, the bars are white and everything, and the strangest thing is I can search for something in Google Chrome, but as soon as I try to access a website, it tells me that it cannot connect to said website. I also cannot watch Youtube videos nor download anything from the Play Store. Now this happens occasionally, not all the time, and I'm thinking it could be Adblock Plus which I downloaded since my tablet is rooted. I have since uninstalled it though, since I've uninstalled it before and I lose my ability to watch Youtube videos until I reboot the device.

So I just wanted to know if my suspicions are correct? Is Adblock Plus a bit of a troublemaker on Android?

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Sometimes on my Nexus 7 2013, the internet suddenly stops working properly. It shows as connected, the bars are white and everything, and the strangest thing is I can search for something in Google Chrome, but as soon as I try to access a website, it tells me that it cannot connect to said website. I also cannot watch Youtube videos nor download anything from the Play Store. Now this happens occasionally, not all the time, and I'm thinking it could be Adblock Plus which I downloaded since my tablet is rooted. I have since uninstalled it though, since I've uninstalled it before and I lose my ability to watch Youtube videos until I reboot the device.

So I just wanted to know if my suspicions are correct? Is Adblock Plus a bit of a troublemaker on Android?

Yes. Adblock Plus is known to disable wifi sometimes.