com.google.process.gapps has stopped (after system wipe at welcome screen)

238Drummer

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
April 3rd or 4th I had been getting this pop up constantly "Unfortunately, the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped." After trying to wipe the cache of different apps with no success I did a factory data reset. The very first thing shown on the screen after this was the pop up again. Wiping the cache and factory resetting under recovery mode still resulted in the same thing. I called google and they told me to do the same thing and then that they would transfer my call to Asus to explore their options which disconnected the call. Google needs Asus to fix their software issues?? Has anyone else experienced this?

Update: After talking with both Square Trade and Asus tonight, Asus will repair the tablet for a fee that can not be given until the repair and Square Trade said that it sounds like a software issue. Should I pay Asus to have a Google problem fixed and then potentially run into the same issue again in the near future?

With some fanagal I can make it to the "signing in" screen but I left it over night in this state and the same thing was in the a.m.

Google error.jpg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma