Nexus 7 frozen and cannot power off - Stuck on a colorful pixel screen

shadowend1

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
I recently got the Nexus 7 a few days ago and I didn't do much with it until today. I was adding some alarms and listening to the different alarm tones when the Nexus just froze. It gave me this colorful pixel screen.
I haven't been able to turn it off. I tried holding the power button for 30+ seconds and the screen turns off but after a few seconds to a minute, the pixel screen reappears. I even tried hard resetting it, but all it does is it makes this bloop noise and nothing happens.
The pixel screen usually disappears when the Nexus is not plugged into the charger. But after that, I can't turn it on and it's unresponsive.
When I do plug it into the charger, the pixel screen reappears.
I've tried calling support for Asus and Google and they haven't done much to help me.
I'm extremely confused and would love all the help I can get.
Here's a photo of what the pixel screen looks like:
nexus.jpg

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! If you can't get to the Recovery Menu using the procedure in this guide, then it sounds like a big hardware failure. Did you buy it new? If so, I'd ask the seller for an exchange or refund. If you bought it used, it may be harder to return it. eBay has good purchase protection, but if it was something like Craigslist, then you're at the mercy of whoever sold it to you.

shadowend1

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
Hi! Thank you for the guide and I tried the steps and I couldn't access the Recovery Menu using the guide. I bought it new (I literally received it a few days ago) from T-Mobile so I will try contacting them tomorrow in the morning to see if I can return it.
Thank you for the help and I'll see if I can get this resolved.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I've tried calling support for Asus and Google and they haven't done much to help me.
That's quite disappointing to hear, particularly on a problem that seems hardware centered. Hopefully T-Mobile gives you a better experience.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

preppystud

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
well, girlfriend, you need to ask for a new replacement. this thing is not working.

i bought mine online, so i can't just return it to a store, and get a new one. lucky for you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair