mm-qcamera-daemon battery drain

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
Got this. Searched the forums and apparently the only way to get rid of it is through a factory reset?

Anyone else figured out another way? I noticed it started happening when I downloaded Instagram and another camera app.

Also, when you do a factory reset, does it get rid of the preinstalled apps. For example, will the camera and voice recorder still be there (although I know that the files will be deleted)?

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried to uninstall those apps and do a hard reboot?

And factory reset will revert your phone back to exactly how it was when you got the phone. All preinstalled apps will be there.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

George S2

Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
I heard that Google created the bug in order to force users to install a system update that has received a lot of complaints. So many people were complaining about Google's latest system update (adding more advertisements, draining battery life, defaulting paid apps to turn on) that they were turning off their auto update. Google couldn't allow that, so they created this bug where the only fix is to install their update or the alternative is a phone that drains battery so fast that the phone overheats. Proof: If this bug were created by anyone outside of Google, the first thing they would have done was identify the culprit and told users not to download the app. Instead, the fix they are pushing is a factory reset, to again force out their latest system upgrade, as well as to reinstall all those nuisance pre-installed apps that everyone immediately deletes.