Nexus 7 2013 won't boot past "Google", even in Recovery

dilithium42

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Over the past few weeks my Nexus 7 2013 has had issues with screen orientation, where it became impossible to change orientation. The issue went away for about a week, but now today it cannot boot past "Google" on power on. When trying to boot to recovery, it still cannot get past "Google". Also, it automatically powers itself on whenever I turn it off. Anything else I can try?

I know that it is fully charged and I haven't rooted or done anything to tinker with it.

jerrykur

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Doesn't sound good. May be time for a trip back to Asus.

I assume the device is fully charged via the original charger?

dilithium42

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Yes, and I've babied it like every other electronic device I've had, and charged it normally. Right now I'm letting it drain by staying on the "Google" screen, hoping that something magical will happen (I don't see any other options). If that doesn't work, it's Asus time.

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
Yes, and I've babied it like every other electronic device I've had, and charged it normally. Right now I'm letting it drain by staying on the "Google" screen, hoping that something magical will happen (I don't see any other options). If that doesn't work, it's Asus time.

Just curious, what happened?