EA Games Issues

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
Hi! I have the NEW Nexus 7 2013. It is supposed to replace my old 2012 Nexus 7. But I have one simple issue on the 2013 version that is not apparent on the 2012 version. EA Games won't function properly I.E. Force Close and most especially, freeze/hang-ups. Does this happen in your or all nexus 7 2013 devices? Or am I the only one?

P.S. I'm not rooted, on Stock ROM 4.4.2 (this happens also on 4.3.0) With Stock Kernel
Can anyone find out the root cause of the problem?

Edit 05/11/2014: Thanks to all replies! BTW I'm running the Dalvik Runtime. Also I haven't seen other else's comments about the games

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Do you know if you're running ART (Android RunTime) or Dalvik? Go to Settings>Developer Options>Select Runtime, and see which one is selected. If you don't have access to Developer Options, then you're running Dalvik (which is conventional). ART is a somewhat experimental way of compiling app code that makes app startup faster and more efficient, but not all apps are compatible with this yet.

By the way, to enable Developer Options, go to Settings>About Tablet, and tap the Build Number 7 times.

Posted via Android Central App--please excuse the brevity and any typos!

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
But I have one simple issue on the 2013 version that is not apparent on the 2012 version. EA Games won't function properly I.E. Force Close and most especially, freeze/hang-ups.
Have you contacted EA Games to see what they have to say?
Did you look in the Google Play Store at the comments for the apps and filter the comments by device?
I haven't loaded up any EA games (currently focused on XCOM http://market.android.com/details?id=com.tt2kgames.xcomeu which runs beautifully) but I'll dust one off and see what happens.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I loaded Real Racing 3: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e.../details?id=com.ea.games.r3_na&token=fJDdxCvv and it crashed while downloading the assets. I started it again and the assets downloaded fine and I drove the tutorial race with no issues. (I didn't go any further in the game since I decided not to accept their privacy agreement.)

Edit: if there's some other (free) game that you want me to try just let me know.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Conrad Edmund