Unlocked Nexus 7, won't go past Fast Boot

kmath71

May 5, 2014
Visit site
So I can't enable debugging, and can't get past an Android Bootloader Interface Driver. I've downloaded and extracted USB Driver 06 Windows from Asus and the Universal Google driver, but the device manager won't update it to either of those, even after uninstalling the existing driver.

What now?

kmath71

May 5, 2014
Visit site
My tablet started to become unresponsive so I tried to turn it off and back on. It became stuck in a bootloop. I managed to get out of that, and managed to unlock it via the Nexus toolkit, but can't get any further. I have just managed to get another driver, but was told that the driver did not install correctly. My Device manager now states I have a Nexus 7 bootloader interface, no exclamation marks. I've been hammering away at this between night shifts, this actually feels like a breakthrough!

- - - Updated - - -

and thank you for getting back to me :)

kmath71

May 5, 2014
Visit site
Oh oh oh, it might just be running 'flash stock and root', this is good isn't it? Currently downloading 'Factory Image' Fingers crossed, it was having none of that before...

kmath71

May 5, 2014
Visit site
Is it safe to say that if Debugging wasn't enabled when a tablet is softbricked, then it's permanently screwed? I need my tablet when I go away this weekend. I also need to get packed. It would be helpful if I knew, then I could just get on with other things

jerrykur

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
"Md5Sum: compute and check MD5 message digest has stopped working."

I have no idea what this means :(

MD5SUM is a value used to see if something changed. If it cannot compute the sum loading of the os can stop.

Posted via Android Central App

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
No, the USB debugging option only impacts while booted into android. Have you downloaded a new image from here? (Assuming you have the WiFi n7)

https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images#razor

Use a winrar or 7zip to extract until you find flashall.bat and double click that (I believe that is what it is called). That will fastboot erase and flash to give you a factory state by reinstalling all partitions.

Good resource for you . . http://betanews.com/2013/11/18/how-to-install-android-4-4-kitkat-on-nexus-4-5-7-and-10/

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01