re-boot loop

imbtsman

May 9, 2014
Visit site
Hi All

When I boot up my Nexus 7 the home screen is overlaid with the msg "Unfortunately the process com.android.phone has stopped" I can "OK" or "Report". OK repeats the msg and Report causes a re-boot. I'm trying to avoid a factory re-set. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Grateful for any help offered. I have further background to the fault if required

Cheers imbtsman

imbtsman

May 9, 2014
Visit site
Hi B Diddy
thanks for such a quick reply. I tried wiping the system cache partition before coming to the forum but it doesn't seem to do anything... I've got quite a lot of data on the Nexus. Does it need to boot completely before it would become visible to an external pc so that I could maybe take a back-up?

imbtsman

May 9, 2014
Visit site
Hi All

I've spent a few days on the web trying to research boot loops but basically got nowhere as there's a lot of conflicting advice out there.... So, I bit the bullet and carried out a factory reset knowing all my data would go. I find that I am still in a boot loop with the same error message

Phoned ASUS and they want a fortune to repair it as it is out of warranty (by a couple of months). Their rep said it must be a hardware fault and that he'd never come across this before...... (sound unlikely given the amount of stuff on the web)

Anyone got any advice or further comment before I bin this Nexus and decide what to replace it with?

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!
Anyone got any advice or further comment before I bin this Nexus and decide what to replace it with?
Yeah, you can send it to me! ;)

Seriously though, it sounds like you need to reload the firmware, which you can find here - just
- boot into Fastboot mode
- connect it to your computer
- download Fastboot.exe from XDA
- run "fastboot oem unlock" from a Command prompt (elevated to Administrator privilege) (this WILL wipe your device)
- then extract the contents of the firmware download and run the "flash-all.bat" file

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae