Auto Rotate does not work.

jstwondrng

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
Have had that problem for almost 3 months. Found a quick fix for the issue. If you power off your n7 and press hard on the back around the "n" and "s" on the nexus logo, it will put the connector inside the tablet and the screen will rotate again. Unfortunately, this is only a short term solution and may require you to do so over and over again. I googled and found a complete fix on YouTube. This fix will permanently work, however it will require you to tale the back off your tablet. Here is the video:

Nexus 7 2013 Auto Rotation Freeze(easy hw fix) - YouTube

I did this last Friday and it's still working!

J

eclein

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Mine started after lollipop update, would rotate after a lag and then stayed in portrait. But I read a post above and went into accessibility setting unticked auto rotate, rebooted and waited like 5 minutes. Went back to accessibility settings and ticked the auto rotate and now it works again!!! THANKS Isaac from post #20!!!!!!

James Landes

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
Same problem with a Droid Razr M. Found an widget called would you guess? " autorotate on/off " by Curvefish in the playstore with about 5 stars. It works for me. Thanks Curvefish.

rusty_kuntz

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
I am not sure you will like my answer
but the only things that solve it was to hold the tablet in both hands and band it a bit
just a bit, dont break anything
it immediately released the accelerometer sensor

Hope it helps,

patchs

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I've had my N7 from Day 1 and have never had this problem --- until a couple days ago. I restart it and that fixes it. I thought it may be a 5.1.1 issue, looks like it may be something else.

n3wDaddy77

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed the same behavior on my N7 since upgrading to Lollipop. I've seen the hardware fix video on YouTube and was about to try that when I came across this thread. I'll try the fix recommended by eclein before opening it up.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

apple_muncy

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Inside the Nexus 7 2013 are two FPC/FFC ribbon cables that bridge over the battery that can become intermittent when loose. Search on YouTube for drHerrscher. He has several videos.

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
I had given up and installed Set Orientation and then saw this thread. Just for grins I force stopped Set Orientation and turned on my camera. It didn't auto rotate. I powered it off and then back on again and it now auto rotates.

It was too good to be true. The next time I opened the case my N7 refused to auto rotate. Back to Set Orientation.

Last edited:

Mozillo

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
I have another problem. On the YouTube app, whenever I view the 60FPS option, it just freezes, It never did this before untill recently.

1dtbrown

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
I remember this happening last time we had a major update. My goggle now launches randomly now. Just like last time. Maybe or maybe not

gameson

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
my device will not auto rotate if the device is a bit warm (or overheat). Overheat usually happen when I play a particular intense game OR when I use the device while on charging (charging tend to keep the device warm beyond normal temp).

The only way to fix is to restart the device.

Anyone experience this?

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
Nexus 9 Tablet Auto Rotation Fix

Try the following link: it works!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbGi0yohfMA

Details:

Check first that "Auto-rotate" is turned "on", and does NOT work. Then:

1. Go the apps screen
2. Open up: Google
3. Got settings: top left three bars, the "settings"
4. Select Now Cards
5. Under Show Cards: De-select (turn off "Show Cards")
6. Turn off Nexus 7, and Restart.
7. Make sure "Auto-rotate" is turned on.
8. Auto-rotation will work again! (on most Nexus 7 tablets?, if it still does not work, "uninstall" Google Now all

together, and reboot. If you re-install Google Now later, and set it up, and reboot,"Auto-rotate will still work)
9. No need to tinker with the hardware, and open the tablet!
10. Spread the word.

Technical details:

When Autorotate does not work:
All my tablets are running Android version 6.0.1.
Kernel build: 3.4.0-g09a22c6
android-build@wpdv14.hot.corp.google.com #1
Wed Apr 20 00:06:25 UTC 2016
Build Number: MOB30M

1. Download and install: Check My Android.
2. Open the App
3. Select: "Sensor"
4, You will see that the following sensors are disabled, or do not work:
1. MPL Accelerometer
5. MPL Gyroscope
7. MPL Gyroscope
5. Turn off the "Now" cards in Google, as above
6. "Auto-rotate will work again.
7. Sensors 1, 5, and 7. will work again.
8. Interesting note:
If you turn on the "Now" cards again, in Google. Power down the tablet and resart. The "Auto-rotate" keeps on

working (ONLY ON SOME NEXUS 7 TABLETS (I have 5 of them, some work, some not)), and all sensors show OK? For now at

least!!! No idea why??
To play it safe, just turn of the "Now" cards, (or uninstall Google Now), and reboot!!

Peter
20 June 2016

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
armeniomanuel