Google nexus 7 (2012) tablet constant 'unfortunately ..... has stopped' message. HELP PLEASE

abi betts

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
Hi, i've had my google nexus 7 (2012) tablet since christmas 2012 and its been absolutely great until recently, I constantly get the 'unfortunately ......... has stopped' on pretty much every app, so I turned it off the other day and when I went to turn it back on it was just stuck on the floating circles for about 35 minutes, I don't know what I did but I was just turning it on and off and it finally turned on, and yesterday it did the same thing but would not go off the floating circles for about 4 hours and I was about to factory reset when it FINALLY came back on but since then I've been getting the 'unfortunately .......... has stopped' constantly and I dont want to turn it off in fear of it getting stuck on the welcome circles again. Someone help please, I don't really know much about tablets and rooting and stuff and it's really stressing me out now :'(

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi, i've had my google nexus 7 (2012) tablet since christmas 2012 and its been absolutely great until recently, I constantly get the 'unfortunately ......... has stopped' on pretty much every app, so I turned it off the other day and when I went to turn it back on it was just stuck on the floating circles for about 35 minutes, I don't know what I did but I was just turning it on and off and it finally turned on, and yesterday it did the same thing but would not go off the floating circles for about 4 hours and I was about to factory reset when it FINALLY came back on but since then I've been getting the 'unfortunately .......... has stopped' constantly and I dont want to turn it off in fear of it getting stuck on the welcome circles again. Someone help please, I don't really know much about tablets and rooting and stuff and it's really stressing me out now :'(

Welcome to the forums.
I would charge the device a little, and reboot into recovery to clear the cache partition. Here is how: http://forums.androidcentral.com/go...e-nexus-7-2012-2013-cache-partition-wipe.html

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
It would be a good time to reload the firmware. You can find it here - just
- boot into Fastboot mode (with the device completely off, press-and-hold Volume Down + Power)
- connect it to your computer
- download Fastboot.exe from XDA
- run "fastboot oem unlock" from a Command prompt (elevated to Administrator privilege) (this WILL wipe your device)
- then extract the contents of the firmware download and run the "flash-all.bat" file

Or you can use Root Toolkit http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

abi betts

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
It would be a good time to reload the firmware. You can find it here - just
- boot into Fastboot mode (with the device completely off, press-and-hold Volume Down + Power)
- connect it to your computer
- download Fastboot.exe from XDA
- run "fastboot oem unlock" from a Command prompt (elevated to Administrator privilege) (this WILL wipe your device)
- then extract the contents of the firmware download and run the "flash-all.bat" file

Or you can use Root Toolkit Nexus Root Toolkit v1.8.3 | WugFresh

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Hi thanks for reply, quick question, what do you mean by wipe? do you mean my personal data will be lost? or do you mean the operating system will be wiped? thanks

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
do you mean my personal data will be lost? or do you mean the operating system will be wiped?
I mean both - it's the equivalent of doing a Factory Reset and a firmware reload.