4.4.4 Update

scipper77

May 6, 2014
Visit site
I got it yesterday. This one has no changes you will ever notice. Its just patches and security fixes for the most part.

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
1 of my sons got his yesterday. he told be about it around 6:30 eastern so I gave him permission to go ahead and install it.

The other son didn't have it yet.

mak916

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I got it yesterday. This one has no changes you will ever notice. Its just patches and security fixes for the most part.
Looks like you are right. Its just some security patches. I guess we will be waiting for Android L, whenever they decide to name and release it.

novahob

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Got it on my n7 2012 though on n7 2013 still toying with whether to update to 4.4.3

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Grabber5.0

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
I think I'll wait until MX Player is updated, since it checks the os version. When I updated to 4.4.3 I couldn't use it for a few days.

- Matt

cybernutte

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
I received 4.4.4 a day or so ago. Installed the update and haven't seen any difference. I had no complaints before the update, and it didn't give me any new ones. I guess that's all I can ask.

novahob

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I had something similar since updating to the new Google+. I cleared system cache but that didn't work, so cleared all data on the app and that seemed to work

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Jon_Doh

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
I got it and although Google says it was released to plug a security flaw I noticed my battery drain is back to pre 4.4.3 Kit Kat. Still not as good as I had with Jelly Bean, but not the huge draining that 4.4.3 was causing. So, I think there was a little more in this update than a security fix.

mak916

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I got it and although Google says it was released to plug a security flaw I noticed my battery drain is back to pre 4.4.3 Kit Kat. Still not as good as I had with Jelly Bean, but not the huge draining that 4.4.3 was causing. So, I think there was a little more in this update than a security fix.
I had great battery life with Jelly Bean. But with Kit Kat, no so great. With Jelly Bean stand by time was really great! Now, I can still make it through the day, but that's all.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I had great battery life with Jelly Bean. But with Kit Kat, no so great. With Jelly Bean stand by time was really great! Now, I can still make it through the day, but that's all.
If you are unhappy with the battery life under KitKat you can just reload whichever Jelly Bean firmware you were happy with - you'll find the firmware and general instructions here - just
- boot into Fastboot mode (with the device completely off, press-and-hold Volume Down + Power)
- connect it to your computer
- download Fastboot.exe from XDA
- run "fastboot oem unlock" from a Command prompt (elevated to Administrator privilege) (this WILL wipe your device)
- then extract the contents of the firmware download and run the "flash-all.bat" file

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

mak916

May 17, 2010
Visit site
That sounds easy enough. But I think I will wait for Android L to be released OTA and see what happens.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I think I will wait for Android L to be released OTA.
The Android L Preview (Beta) is also available if you wanted to try that.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk