Should I get the Nexus 7 now?

SwiftHax

May 25, 2014
Visit site
Just replaced my iPhone 4s with a N5 which I'm loving and it seems like my old first gen iPad is quite slow and laggy. It started to look ever so slow after using stock android, so I've decided to put it on sale and replace with something else, most likely an Android tablet.

I've had my eyes on the upcoming HTC 8.9 Nexus, but as far as leaks go, it seems like I would have to wait until Q4 which is a bummer. As far as I'm concerned, my iPad's price drops every year a new iPad is released, so I was thinking about selling it which should cover most of its price as it's a 64GB 3G, getting the Nexus 7 and then selling that to buy the new HTC Nexus.

That way I'm breaking even as money I lose when I sell the Nexus 7 is compensated by the price drop of the 1st gen iPad.

It's kind of a hassle, but do you guys think it's worth it?

jerrykur

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Based on last year. A used current nexus will go for 50% or so of it's original price when the new one is available. (I got $85 for my 2012 Nexus after the 2013 Nexus was announced, but before it shipped). So ensure your budget can handle that.

SwiftHax

May 25, 2014
Visit site
Half the price, huh? I was thinking it would drop around $50. Well, it's a shame. Have to think about it a bit more then.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I agree with neonworm. Mine still flies. It's a total pleasure to use.

Posted via Android Central App

parchping

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Remember that last year's Nexus 7 replaced....a Nexus 7. I think the discount will be a lot less with a Nexus 8.9, which does not directly replace the Nexus 7. Maybe even 0%, who knows?

parchping

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I forgot to comment on my transition. I had (still have) a Galaxy Player 5.0, 5" screen, ancient Android 2 something. There's nothing wrong with it--battery holds a charge nicely, it has music and books, fits in a shirt pocket. The thing I've noticed is for pretty much the same functionality, I use my Nexus 7 (2013) far more. The Galaxy I'd only use on a trip, sort of device of last resort.

I use the Nexus constantly. I bought an Anker keyboard for it. I worry that I'll wear out the battery (no sign of this, just worry). If it isn't repairable, I'll buy another. It's just really nice.

I don't know a thing about the Apple product.

SwiftHax

May 25, 2014
Visit site
Remember that last year's Nexus 7 replaced....a Nexus 7. I think the discount will be a lot less with a Nexus 8.9, which does not directly replace the Nexus 7. Maybe even 0%, who knows?
Possibly this could even be the thing. I mean, 8.9" tablet is not for everyone and surely some people will want the N7 as it will be nearly half the price of the HTC Nexus, so maybe it'll retain some of its value.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1