tablet rebooted 3 times in less than 2 hours! what is the cause for that?

preppystud

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
it rebooted itself after i started using "360 security". i have used this one before, the tablet itself has never rebooted so quickly so many times. i read the reviews most people who also use it on nexus 7 gave it 4 stars.

then about about 1 hour 15 mins later, it rebooted itself again. 25 mins later, it rebooted itself again!

i used to have several pages of apps, but this time, i only have about one page of apps, and omg, just as i am typing, and trying to check the tablet again, it is rebooting itself again!

i haven't installed any apps that i haven't previously used before.

so it is like, it has rebooted itself 4 days in one day, and there might be more later today.

so far, it randomly rebooted twice when i was using two different apps which were both downloaded from google play store. it seems that this tablet was fine without rebooting when i first start using it. then after a while, it will start to reboot more frequently.

first time was 6-28, then 7-6, then 7-11 (4 times).

i can think of a few things.

1. i have a few apps that i downloaded outside of google play store, but they were all made for android system, and lots of people are using them on the phones or tablets.

2. i also use a battery saving app, it sometimes closes apps that are running in the background. but i have used them before, and other people also use them probably mostly on the phone? if it is the same android system, then does that make a difference? could that be the reason? people who use it on nexus 7 also give it 4, 5 stars.

the first tablet that i got, it had random shut down and random reboot, finally asus sent me a refurbished tablet. if it is a brand new one, then maybe i would consider it is due to the apps that i am using.

now i don't know if it is because of the refurbished tablet itself or the apps that i am using? asus already told me to send it back for a repair.

preppystud

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I already sent it for repair once. Before that I already used it in safe mode twice, the tablet rebooted twice. So I don't want to do it again.

On the other hand I don't know why it keeps happening to me. I haven't met anyone who had so many reboots like me.

meskin84

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
I already sent it for repair once. Before that I already used it in safe mode twice, the tablet rebooted twice. So I don't want to do it again.

On the other hand I don't know why it keeps happening to me. I haven't met anyone who had so many reboots like me.

You sent it back twice and nothing has improved? That has me worried. Although, I am not surprised. I am getting ready to send mine out tomorrow but don't have any expectations. My brother sent his in and told me he doesn't think they did anything. When I spoke with ASUS customer service they told me to update to the latest software and that would solve my problem. "Did you try turning it on and off?"

Hopefully they do something that fixes the issue. I have been having this issue since I bought the device, not sure what problem might be. I think it may have something to do with multi-tasking. I noticed it reboots itself and sometimes comes back on and immediately starts downloading updates to installed apps. Maybe something about managing background apps and data?

preppystud

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
for the first phone, i sent it back for repair 5 times. then finally sent me a replacement, but it s a refurbished one. i thought that it was as good as new. but it constantly reboot, even when i used it under safe mode, and after factory reset. so i only sent it back for repair once. they told me that they just reinstalled the system.

i think that they will first reinstall the system for you. if that doesn't work, they just replace the motherboard.

today, after i tapped on one of the app icon, it didn't open. instead, the whole screen starts to flash for more than 5 seconds. i thought that it was going to reboot again, but it became normal again.

yes, i noticed that some google app started to update during the last random reboot. but it doesn't happen everytime.

yes. i also wonder if it is due to the apps that i am using. but i have quite a few, it is hard to tell which one.

i am glad that i finally have someone who has the same problem. usually i am the only one who is having this random reboot issue in this forum.