Nexus 7 Wi-Fi (2013) Freezes and reboots in a loop

PinkPeebles

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
About a week ago I powered on my Nexus 7. All seemed well for 10 seconds until the device froze for a split moment, then turned off. Afterwards the device powered on on it's own ... showing the Google screen and the animated colored circles. Not even 10 seconds pass until the table froze again and turned off. It's in this constant loop where it powers on, freezes, then turns off all on it's own. The only way I stopped the loops was by holding down the power button until the device was completely off. Unfortunately when I turn it on, it does the exact same thing ... in that constant loop.

I hooked the tablet to the charger, but the reboot-loop continued for hours without touching it! The tablet was fully charged (by looking at the battery icon, I don't have time to go through settings until the tablet freezes). I was fed up, so I powered off the tablet and left it alone for days. Today I picked it up and lo and behold, the reboot-loop is still there.

I performed a hard reset a few moments ago and the issue still consists! It's strange, the tablet seemed to function properly during the hard-reset without it freezing. After the welcome wizard that consisted of connecting to a wi-fi network and linking my Google account, the tablet froze once I swiped through my app drawer.

I am fed up. I was for sure one of my apps had caused this or perhaps even a virus, but no, even after a hard-reset, the issue is still there.

My tablet has no physical damage and had never been dropped. I purchased it brand-new 4 months ago. This tablet has Android 4.4.4 Can someone please help me?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
About a week ago I powered on my Nexus 7. All seemed well for 10 seconds until the device froze for a split moment, then turned off. Afterwards the device powered on on it's own ... showing the Google screen and the animated colored circles. Not even 10 seconds pass until the table froze again and turned off. It's in this constant loop where it powers on, freezes, then turns off all on it's own. The only way I stopped the loops was by holding down the power button until the device was completely off. Unfortunately when I turn it on, it does the exact same thing ... in that constant loop.

I hooked the tablet to the charger, but the reboot-loop continued for hours without touching it! The tablet was fully charged (by looking at the battery icon, I don't have time to go through settings until the tablet freezes). I was fed up, so I powered off the tablet and left it alone for days. Today I picked it up and lo and behold, the reboot-loop is still there.

I performed a hard reset a few moments ago and the issue still consists! It's strange, the tablet seemed to function properly during the hard-reset without it freezing. After the welcome wizard that consisted of connecting to a wi-fi network and linking my Google account, the tablet froze once I swiped through my app drawer.

I am fed up. I was for sure one of my apps had caused this or perhaps even a virus, but no, even after a hard-reset, the issue is still there.

My tablet has no physical damage and had never been dropped. I purchased it brand-new 4 months ago. This tablet has Android 4.4.4 Can someone please help me?

I would try rebooting into recovery and clearing the system cache. See if that helps.
http://forums.androidcentral.com/go...e-nexus-7-2012-2013-cache-partition-wipe.html

Lupelamenta

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
Is your bluetooth on? Make sure it's off [if you can get to settings]. I find that sometimes bluetooth interferes with certain apps, however your issue seems a bit more complicated than that. Turn off wi-fi too for good measure to see if that makes a difference. I'd send it back to Asus for repair. It's still under warranty.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Sounds to me like you need to reload the firmware - look here:
- boot into Fastboot mode (with the device completely off, press-and-hold Volume Down + Power)
- connect it to your computer
- download Fastboot.exe from XDA
- run "fastboot oem unlock" from a Command prompt (elevated to Administrator privilege) (this WILL wipe your device)
- then extract the contents of the firmware download and run the "flash-all.bat" file

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2