Mystery Wifi Listing

Alniter

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
I have a Nex7 (2013). Three days ago, on my list of wifi choices, something appeared listed as "RT3062AP4", showing an excellent connection. If I tried to connect, it just went to "saved" and wouldn't do anything. Fine. But when I highlighted it and choose the "forget" option, it wouldn't go away. Still won't, three days later. Anyone have a clue as to what this is? Am I being tracked?

Cheers,
Steve in Orlando

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Forgetting a wi-fi connection doesn't mean it will disappear from your list of available networks. It could be some wifi signal being sent out by a neighbor's router that isn't connected to the web. Forgetting wi-fi means it will forget any password or credentials you may have entered. If you go away from that signal, it won't show up any more in your list, whereas if you didn't forget it, you'd still see it as "Saved."

CDG

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
How about a WiFi enabled camera, I have one and often forget to turn the WiFi off on it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Alniter

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
If that were it, it wouldn't stay on my list when I'm not even in the same town, would it? That's the thing that seemed to rule out everything else - the listing is there with a full-bar listing no matter where I am, even miles away from home.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried a Factory Reset?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Alniter

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
I guess that's the next step. I've been saving it for a last resort, since I just got it back from Asus three months ago and just got all my apps set up again. Thanks for the input, all, it is appreciated.

LuvMusic

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Same problem RT3062AP4 won't go away.. Full signal wth is this

Posted via the Android Central App

You don't happen to have a Comcast X-Fi system do you? If you do, that is probably the "media hub" setup by your main X-Fi box so it can stream media to the other boxes in your residence.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy