Volume Increasing on its own (with magnetic flip case)

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
I notice my volume adjusts by itself pretty often. when I have the cover of my flip case folded back using the tablet and then flip it back over to close it, it seems to activate the volume and increase it one notch a good deal of the time. It didn't do this (that I noticed) until the most recent 4.4.4 update.

Anyone else notice this?

jerrykur

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I have not noticed this with my Poetic case. Of course, headphone and speaker volumes are separate and I have those at different levels.

CDG

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I notice my volume adjusts by itself pretty often. when I have the cover of my flip case folded back using the tablet and then flip it back over to close it, it seems to activate the volume and increase it one notch a good deal of the time. It didn't do this (that I noticed) until the most recent 4.4.4 update.

Anyone else notice this?
Any chance you have a volume control widget on your home screen that is sometimes getting activated?

I haven't noticed anything unusual going on with mine.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
No volume change noted with my flip case and 4.4.4.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
I dont have a volume widget or anything else that would explain this.
it seems that the magnets in the case are somehow activating the master volume control when flipped over to close the case. Very weird

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Is this with the Folio case sold by Google, or another brand?

If you have a small magnet available, wrap it in a soft cloth/napkin and try dragging it over various locations om the tablet to see if you can replicate the problem.

If you are not using the Google case, it could be an issue with magnet placement...

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
It is an i-blason case I got off of amazon. Thanks for your suggestion. I am going to try that.