SYNC WITH pc

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! What do you mean your PC won't recognize it? Since you say it works fine through USB, do you mean that you can't connect your Nexus 7 to your home wi-fi network?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

tathraman

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
It's a new Nexus and the first time I tried to sync it with my PC, I encountered the problem. The suggestions above seem to relate to USB connections but I want a wifi connection,

tathraman

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
My apologies for an un-clear original post, please forgive. Thank you for the[GUIDE]. I've tried all the steps to no avail; and disabling security on my Belkin 54G router produced no results. I've spent a few days trying to sort this out and contacted Geek Buddy only to be told that the Nexus can only be connected to my PC by cable. I find this a little difficult to believe.......

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
So are you just trying to connect the Nexus 7 to your PC via wi-fi so that you can use the PC to explore the tablet's file folders, and move files around? I'm not sure if I'm understanding your terms correctly. "Sync" is a very specific term, which means that all information on the tablet is synchronized with the computer, and that any change on one side will be made on the other. There isn't any native sync-to-PC program for the Nexus 7, because you're expected to sync your information with your Google account in the cloud.

If you're simply trying to access the tablet's file folders from your computer over wi-fi, try AirDroid or Wifi File Explorer.

tathraman

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
I think that clarifies things for me. I've previously had a Lenovo Thinkpad tablet (now deceased) and was able to connect wirelessly to my PC, see all the files there, make changes etc. and I assumed I'd be able to do the same with my Nexus.

jerrykur

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I think that clarifies things for me. I've previously had a Lenovo Thinkpad tablet (now deceased) and was able to connect wirelessly to my PC, see all the files there, make changes etc. and I assumed I'd be able to do the same with my Nexus.

Tablets are very different than a full PC. You cannot just connect to them and see files.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21