How to disable back/home buttons while in an app (for kids)?

Icegryphon

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site
I found an app for locking the screen so my daughter can watch a video without pausing/closing it (she loves twinkle twinkle little star).

However, I also have a keyboard app for her where she can play the keys. The problem is, she always hits the back or home button and closes out the app.

So Is there an app, like the screen lock app, that allows the screen to continue to be touched, but disables the home/back/history buttons so she can interact with the app without closing it out? Obviously it would have to have the ability to be disabled via the volume button or something along those lines (like the touch lock app).

Thanks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Kids Place is really good, but I don't think it completely locks out those buttons. Instead, if you press Home, I think there's a setting where you can have the app immediately restart.

Icegryphon

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site
I appreciate it and that app looks great if my daughter was older and knew what she was pressing/what to press. However, she doesn't, so just need to be able to disable the home/back/history buttons without disabling the touch screen.

LauLedu

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
Did you ever find a solution to this issue with the home button? We're a divided household (android/apple) and the big plus with apple is guided access mode, where I can lock the home button and whatever area of the screen I want.
I'd love to pick up a nexus tablet for my husband (android guy) and son, but this feature is a must for me.

Bethkammerer

May 14, 2017
Visit site
I am having this same issue but the pin function does not disable the back button so my sons music app does not stay pinned if he bumps the back button

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles