Recently, I was having issues where my tablet would freeze at the Google Startup screen. Several times I was able to reboot via the power and down volume. However, the last time, it froze and refused to bootup. It just sat at the Google screen.

Fastboot worked and I was able to reflash. However, it still refused to boot up.

I researched and was thinking it may be an issue with the motherboard.

I was just advised the warranty repair was completed. When I asked what they did to fix it, I was told:

"The technicians were required to reflash or update the BIOS."

Question: What does this mean and is it very different from flashing via fastboot?

I am a little surprised, because I thought it was a hardware issue and not just a software one.

I may never know for sure, but I'd like to think this wasn't an issue I caused.
    09-10-2014 12:01 AM
    Recently, I was having issues where my tablet would freeze at the Google Startup screen. Several times I was able to reboot via the power and down volume. However, the last time, it froze and refused to bootup. It just sat at the Google screen.

Fastboot worked and I was able to reflash. However, it still refused to boot up.

I was just advised the warranty repair was completed. When I asked what they did to fix it, I was told:

Question: What does this mean and is it very different from flashing via fastboot?

I am a little surprised, because I thought it was a hardware issue and not just a software one.

Hi there.

If you didn't tamper with the device (Root, etc.), then it's highly unlikely it was your fault. In simple terms, the BIOS is the backbone of a firmware, giving it it's interface. What they might have done is wiped the OS and everything else, and re installed anything that needed to be installed. Sort of like a fresh start per say.

Hi there.

If you didn't tamper with the device (Root, etc.), then it's highly unlikely it was your fault. In simple terms, the BIOS is the backbone of a firmware, giving it it's interface. What they might have done is wiped the OS and everything else, and re installed anything that needed to be installed. Sort of like a fresh start per say.
    diesteldorf likes this.
    09-10-2014 12:13 AM