No update to the Nexus 7 line, so where can i get a good price?

AlphaVictor87

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
Well the Nexus 9 came out today, and $400 is just too much for me for a tablet.

I very much love my nexus 7, but i've got the 2012 version. Seeing as we aren't going to get an updated Nexus 7 this year, i'm just going to give in and get a 2013. Where should i keep an eye on for sales on this device? I really want a brand new one. Google Play says they're currently out of stock (not surprising) and everywhere i've checked currently is still around $200.

Any ideas?

AlphaVictor87

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure. I haven't really thought about it. I've never bought anything refurbished. I'd prefer new as it would just give me peace of mind knowing I'm the only owner of the tablet. But not sure if it's worth the money. I could get a 16 GB for $50 more than that refurbished one you mentioned. I just gotta weigh the differences and what I care about.

New-N7

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
AlphaVictor87: I'm thinking along the same line as you. I do want a 32gb though. Has anyone had experience with refurbished N7 (2013)? I'd be interested in knowing about that. In addition, I'll also be monitoring the price for new ones. I'm seriously disappointed in the specs for the Nexus 9 as I was ready to go for it. Not now. My Nexus 7 2012 completely crashed last week --I do mean completely. Need a new one as I have loved it.

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I bought my Nexus 7 new so I can't vouch for a refurbished one.

So far the absolute best deal for a new, unused, unopened 2nd Gen Nexus 7 is this one right here for $180 on eBay.

However, this one is only $165 and it's also unused, but apparently the box has been opened.

Both are the 16 GB model. Now, my Nexus 7 is only 16 GB but that hasn't been a problem for me personally - I've been able to store a lot of music on it, I only have a few games and I've only ever needed to store a movie or two on the device a few times. So 16 GB really isn't that bad but if you are going to be storing a lot of movies and games then definitely go for the 32 GB.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone had experience with refurbished N7 (2013)?
I received a refurbished N7 2013 as a gift back in March (I think it came from Woot) - it's been very reliable, and I've been quite happy with it. (It replaced my old Nook Color, which was way underpowered, even running CM.)

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
So would you say it is still worth it to get a Nexus 7 (2013 obviously) at this point? I would have loved to get the 9 but I feel its too expensive for my first tablet when I'm not even entirely sold on the concept of it on top of a smartphone.

Posted via Android Central App

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
So would you say it is still worth it to get a Nexus 7 (2013 obviously) at this point? I would have loved to get the 9 but I feel its too expensive for my first tablet when I'm not even entirely sold on the concept of it on top of a smartphone.

It is absolutely worth it. The 2nd Gen N7 is still one of the best Android tablets ever made. And it's the best deal for any tablet, period. It has premium specs for an extremely low price.

patchs

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I bought my Nexus 7 2013 the first day it was available, been a great tablet, minor typing issues at beginning, but since updates, it's been flawless. Have to admit, tempted to put it on eBay and use the cash to buy the new 9 since I also own a HTC One M7 and I like HTC's hardware.

JoseGui

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
I've had my 32gb 2013 N7 just over a year, and it's been great. I was sure I needed the extra storage but honestly 16gb would probably have been sufficient for me. With the deals on new and refurbished now, I would not hesitate to jump in. And you'll get Lollipop (Android 5.0) soon too so I bet you won't feel like you're buying last year's model.

Eric The Duke

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Their website doesnt show any such deals.....Was it a refurbish or open box?

Which Nexus 7 did you buy for $105?

2012 wifi
2012 LTE
2013 wifi 16
2013 wifi 32
?
Office Depot doesn't always have the same pricing online and in stores. It was a brand new Nexus 7 2013 16 GB sealed in the box. They are clearance at $129 and then they had a special of $25 off any clearance tablet.

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Well the Nexus 9 came out today, and $400 is just too much for me for a tablet.

I very much love my nexus 7, but i've got the 2012 version. Seeing as we aren't going to get an updated Nexus 7 this year, i'm just going to give in and get a 2013. Where should i keep an eye on for sales on this device? I really want a brand new one. Google Play says they're currently out of stock (not surprising) and everywhere i've checked currently is still around $200.

Any ideas?
Swappa is my go to to buy and sell and used Android devices, it have much higher quality control then eBay. Just got a 32GB N7 there for $135. I know you want a brand new one, but you can find one in mint condition as well.

Or you can log into Slickdeals.net and create an alert that will email or notify you with their app whenever a Nexus 7 deal comes up.

NexusLion

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
It's silly to want a "new" one when 99% of the "refurbished" ones are in beautiful shape.

Buy the $199 Groupon. 32GB LTE. Before they run out. You'll regret it if you miss out.

PS T-Mobile has 200MB/month data for FREE.

brandonx1000

rule the air.
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm trying to find a good deal under $150, hopefully we see one sooner than later. I know they keep popping up, now we just play the waiting game.

NexusLion

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
I'm trying to find a good deal under $150, hopefully we see one sooner than later. I know they keep popping up, now we just play the waiting game.

For $50 more, you'll be much happier with 32GB of storage. Sure, you can use USB OTG to store more media, but apps are only getting bigger. You'll want 32GB.

Trust me, get the Groupon. I activated mine tonight on T-Mobile. Slick as snot, real fast tablet, and free LTE is awesome.