nexus devices have sudden issues

Thorne1979

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
I need some advice on an issue that happened with me last night. For about a year now I've owned a nexus 4 and a nexus 7 2013. Neither of these devices have ever given me an issue. Well last night I was listening to some music on my N4 and when the songs were done a went to shut down the music player. Suddenly I had trouble getting my screen to turn on and when I did it started freezing up and rebooting. Widgets were also having problems and there was a rapid battery drain. I just thought it was a freak glitch until I picked up my N7 and it was doing the exact same thing. I figured maybe an app with a bad update was the issue. I ran them both in safe mode and no problems. I did a factory reset on my N7 and its still persisting. I can't seem to get hold of Google about the issue either. I have a very hard time believing that it was just a coincidence that they started have sudden problems at the same time and the exact same problems. I've tried everything. If anyone has an answer I would greatly appreciate it. Oh and both are stock 4.4.4 Thanks!

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!
I did a factory reset on my N7 and its still persisting.
You reloaded your apps or you were using it clean? If the latter, that doesn't make any sense, since it worked fine in Safe mode.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I wonder if a specific app that you installed on both devices is freaking out. Doing a factory reset doesn't necessarily help if you had Automatic Restore checked on in Settings>Backup & Reset, because after the factory reset, the device may have just automatically reinstalled the app causing problems. Try unchecking that first, then do another factory reset. Now start installing your apps one by one, watching for the problem to recur. You may have to wait a bit between installs. It can be tedious, but this might be the only way to figure it out.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
There are reports of Moto phones going wild at midnight a couple of days ago. Now I've seen that others phones are experiencing the same problems you talked. It was just in Brazil but the behaviour is the same. Maybe I'm being a bit paranoid (I had that problem) but worth a try.

The causes were limited to the time zone settings and ColorNote. Go to settings and set manually the time zone. For a rogue app go to battery stats and see if something is using an unexpected percentage of battery. If so, force stop it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC