Help with photo backup via Google+?

RustyWebb81

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi,
I am a new Nexus 7 user, I would like to import photos onto the Nexus from my camera then upload them to cloud storage. I was thinking that the Google+ photo storage would be best as it's already integrated within the Nexus, I'm not finding it as easy to use as initially hoped though...
So far, I have imported the photos onto the Nexus ok using the gallery app. I can then see the photos within Google+. I have backed up the photos using the "autobackup" function. I then assumed I could deleted the photos from the Nexus "imported" folder as they are now backup within the Google+ cloud?? Unfortunately when I delete them from the Nexus folder they no longer appear in Google+.....Anyone no where I'm going wrong? Or should I give up and get a dropbox/Flickr account?
Thanks so much for your help.....I know I'm probably making a simple error.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Try this as a test: in the Photos app, swipe in from the left, tap On Device, then tap the cloud icon next to the folder in question to toggle Auto Backup off. Now try deleting one of the photos in that folder on your tablet. Does it only delete locally, or also in the cloud? I'm hoping that turning off the Auto Backup for that folder will essentially uncouple your local folder and the folder in the cloud, and therefore prevent the delete from happening in both locations.

If that is successful, then toggle Auto Backup back on, and see if that causes the same photo to delete in the cloud.