Since the last Amazon app update everytime I launch the app it crashes saying Amazon has stopped. I noticed it yesterday when I woke up the tablet and it said Amazon has stopped. I did not think anything of it until I also tried to launch Amazon music and Amazon cloud and it kept crashing. Knowing how to fix it I first cleared the data and that did not work. I then deleted all the Amazon apps and reinstalled them again and right away they crashed.

I then did a factory reset which did not back up any data even though I made sure to sync my Google content before the reset so I ended up having to log into and reconfigure all my apps and home screen. As soon as I again launched the Amazon app it crashed. I then read a review on the play store saying that it was doing the same thing. I wish I would have checked this first before I factory reset the tablet. For now I had to delete all the Amazon apps off the tablet as I can't use them. If I want to look at Amazon I have to use the browser in Chrome.
    11-15-2014 12:58 PM
    Amazon says to clear the app's cache and if that doesn't work to uninstall it and reinstall it. Another tech said to sign out of your Amazon account and then sign back in. I've done all of those things, but the Kindle app still crashes. This started with the last update and I suspect is a bug introduced with that update. The bad news is Amazon is very slow at rolling out updates and improvements for the Android app since it competes with their dedicated readers they prefer it not have as many features and I'm sure they don't mind a few bugs to frustrate readers either.
    tonyr6 likes this.
    11-15-2014 01:26 PM
    I switched back to Dalvek instead of Art, and that worked for me.
    11-15-2014 08:52 PM
    Yes it starting crashing when switched to ART but Dalvek is to slow.
    11-15-2014 10:50 PM