Big problem on my Nexus 7 and Android 5.0

Converted007

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I hope anyone can help me...
Im desperate. My Nexus 7 (2013) Wifi is unusable since the update to Android 5.0.
It keeps giving me the same error 'android.process.acore' over and over again.
The contacts app is crashing constantly. I cant even open Hangouts.

I tried sideloading the ota. I system flashed the 5.0 image. No luck at all. The error keeps on coming back.

Im at this point on returning it back to Google...

Last edited:

sparksd

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Elsewhere, one recommended fix was to force stop Google Services Framework and clear its data. Another was to clear data for Contacts Storage (also under the Apps menu for "All").

Converted007

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for ur feedback. Already tried those 2 options. I just reverted back to 4.4.4. And will just wait for the official OTA to pop up. Hopefully the error wont come back then. Fingers crossed...

Marshall Burke

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for ur feedback. Already tried those 2 options. I just reverted back to 4.4.4. And will just wait for the official OTA to pop up. Hopefully the error wont come back then. Fingers crossed...

The issue is with the new Gmail App, it changed some backend database stuff for contacts. I ran into the same problem, I think it was Vine of Friendscast app causing problems. The best way to figure out which App is the problem child is to look at your account sync setting, click add and start removing Apps one at a time that show up as in option to add. Check Contact App in between uninstalls to see if it loads.

Converted007

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
Oh cool. Thanks:) Was getting desperate about it. Gonna wait for the official OTA update and when the error pops up again. Ill keep this in mind...

Jon_Doh

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
This is a known bug that has bee reported to Google and mentioned in articles on several Android sites. Apparently more people have the issue that side loaded the update. Hopefully Google has a fix in the upcoming 5.1 update which is to be released soon.

Converted007

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
This is a known bug that has bee reported to Google and mentioned in articles on several Android sites. Apparently more people have the issue that side loaded the update. Hopefully Google has a fix in the upcoming 5.1 update which is to be released soon.

Oh thank you. Didnt knew that. Searched everywhere, but didnt found anything about it.
So im pretty safe the error wont come back when my Nexus 7 hits the OTA officially?

sparksd

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm seeing the video problem and it's not just Youtube - it affects videos in the IMDB app on my N7 and others have reported similar problems in other apps. Apps playing video loaded on the device - Dice, the nightly of MX Player Pro, etc - do work on mine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz