New Nexus 2013 user

One King

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Just picked up a N7 from a local walmart. It keeps freezing and restarting when using the youtube app what could be done to fix this problem? Also should I update the software to 4.4.2 as it has downloaded it?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You'll probably get a slew of system updates, one after the other, because it should be up to at least 4.4.4, and 5.0 is currently rolling out. Also make sure all of your apps (including YouTube) are updated in Google Play. Sometimes Google Play won't notify you of an update to a Google app if it has never been updated before (i.e., if it's the original factory-installed app). Search for all of your Google apps on Google Play, and see which ones have an Update button.

Jon_Doh

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
This is a YouTube problem. I read something about this awhile back. Even on laptops and other computers it will sometimes do this. The folks at YouTube are aware and trying to come up with a fix. Meantime, clear the cache on the YouTube app and see if that helps. I watched some videos on YT on my N7 the other night and it worked great.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy