No lollipop for nexus 7?

Tom Scott1

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site
I have a nexus 7 2013 WiFi 32gb and I have no recieved an update to lollipop. I just wanted to know if I need to wait or if I should get it from the SDK.

Poprocket

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
You are not alone. Just be patient and consider that by the time you receive it, many of the bugs in the update as well as your apps will be ironed out. I don't have it either and don't believe it is such a bad predicament.

Posted via Android Central App

Mick Bond2

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
still waiting for the update for my wifi 32gb n7 ,girlfriend got her update the day it came out ,and thats with both our n7's on the table next to each other ,she was lucky with her update its all working 100%,though its made her very smug lol

scipper77

May 6, 2014
Visit site
I got the update notification but decided to wait on it. I no longer have an update notification. I think they pulled the update because of a major bug with video playback.

I have not tried to manually check for a software update.

jev425

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
Still don't have it either. I really wanted it but now that I see people having issues with it I am a bit more patient about it

MartialText

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Same, same here. This is the slowest roll-out I've seen. There have been some bug reports, as noted, but some people are still receiving it, so I can't believe they pulled the update completely.

I tried sideloading the OTA, but get a "device not found" in adb when in recovery -- another issue I've seen mentioned in a few places. I don't feel like doing a root/wipe to flash the image, so I guess I'll just wait and see. Seems Google should do a little more to prioritize Nexus devices, IMO.

jaytee

Nov 19, 2008
Visit site
I decided to go ahead with Lollipop and am having a very smooth experience. I did NOT do an OTA though. I factory reset, unlocked my bootloader, and flashed the updated bootloader, cache, system, and userdata partitions. The N7 took about 5-10 minutes to boot back up and saw 16G instead of 32 G. A second reboot and the tablet sees all 32G. I downloaded many of my old applications, omitting some I don't really use as well as Adobe Air. All is working very well, slick, smooth and speedy. An occasional app won't work but that seems to be due to a genuine incompatibility with Lollipop.

If you don't mind factory resets, flashing system, cache, user data, etc., you'll likely have a decent experience. Right now, I'd shy away from a simple OTA update...

twinmom01

Nov 25, 2014
Visit site
Be so very, very, very glad - So I downloaded Lollipop when it became available for my Nexus 7 (2012) - it basically screwed my tablet - everything is so slow...it takes multiple tappings to even open an app - when an app finally opens (could take 30 seconds, could take 2 minutes) it might work for all of a minute before I get a "Not responding" message and then throws me out. Things that were working OK under Kit-Kat do not work with Lollipop - I am a bit technology challenged, but in reading some other places I did attempt to clear my cache - that had no bearing what so ever on the functionality - maybe 2nd gen is different

worldspy99

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
I bought a used N7 on Swappa and it has Lollipop 5.0. Really liking it along with the Lollipop on my N5. I believe (rather suspect) the previous user flashed it on the device.

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
With all the bugs that lollipop has had with nexus devices consider yourselves lucky if you haven't gotten it yet. I don't even want it ...yet

YaSo

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
If you're slightly adventurous, and a little tech savvy, get Wugfresh's Nexus Toolkit for the PC.

Use it to back up the N7-13 and then upgrade.. You can roll back to how it was before with the toolkit. I've used it on my N7 and N4 for 4.4x updates, it worked once the PC drivers were setup with the toolkit.

(via the AC App)

cab2

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
If you're slightly adventurous, and a little tech savvy, get Wugfresh's Nexus Toolkit for the PC.

Use it to back up the N7-13 and then upgrade.. You can roll back to how it was before with the toolkit. I've used it on my N7 and N4 for 4.4x updates, it worked once the PC drivers were setup with the toolkit.

(via the AC App)

Yeah that works, from a Linux PC it's even simpler. I restored factory image on 4.4.4 with a single command, "sudo ./flash-all.sh", took less than 2 minutes.

What is the advantage of installing Lollipop from factory image instead of waiting for the Google update?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylorhudson5670