Where are all the Nexus 7 deals?

Joe Mags

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm looking to get another 2013 N7 in 32gb for my wife. I would prefer new but am not opposed to factory refurbished like new if the price was right. I was expecting to see some killer deals now that it has been discontinued but the prices seem to be pretty stable.

swebb

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
I'm thinking given the price point of the N9 and the availability of the N7, we won't be seeing massive discounts. Demand for the N7 will remain strong. No incentive for Google to have a for sale.

Aliandren

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Google doesn't sell the nexus 7 any more so they have no influence in the price. These are strictly in secondary market where competition is fierce. There will be deals but they may not be from the more popular retailers.

jeffreyh51

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
Totally agree regarding going the eBay route...as long as you're patient.
I just received my second Nexus 7 (2013) from eBay. It's a 32GB, and came in the original package with all accessories. It appears brand new in all respects, although it took me about 2 weeks to snare the right one.

Interestingly, while I have had the OTA Lollipop update for my other unit for a week now, this one isn't offered the upgrade as yet. I'm of the belief that Google has suspended the update temporarily (as suspected in other threads), so I'll wait for the "new" OTA on this one.

Good luck finding one. I'm sure you will.

BTW...I paid $150, with free shipping.

Joe Mags

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Thanks everyone. I actually bought my last N7 from that eBay seller above. It was a 32gig refurb and has been perfect. I did however recommend that same seller to a friend and they ended up having a problem. Theirs had a serious flaw in the screen, a big red splotch right out of the box. The seller wouldn't make it right for them and told them they had to go through Asus. In the end, Asus made it right but it was quite the hassle. I may very well end up buying another one from him. I can always just reverse the CC charge and open a claim if I have a similar problem with them.

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Thanks everyone. I actually bought my last N7 from that eBay seller above. It was a 32gig refurb and has been perfect. I did however recommend that same seller to a friend and they ended up having a problem. Theirs had a serious flaw in the screen, a big red splotch right out of the box. The seller wouldn't make it right for them and told them they had to go through Asus. In the end, Asus made it right but it was quite the hassle. I may very well end up buying another one from him. I can always just reverse the CC charge and open a claim if I have a similar problem with them.
Wasn't your purchase covered by the eBay guarantee? Make sure any purchase on eBay is covered by their guarantee. If you have trouble with a seller, you can file through eBay. Believe me, sellers don't want to have problems with eBay.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I was tempted to buy another N7 '13 the other day just because it was that good of a deal. Woot had Refurb 32gb for $99. Killer deal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo