When I first got my Nexus 7 it had a dead pixel in the middle in the screen which was very annoying. I recently sent it in and got a new one (current) that worked fine, but now I have even more problems than before, first the auto rotate does not work at all, then I got ghosting within the screen, And when I recently updated to 5.0 the wifi shuts off when it's in sleep mode, and videos show in horrible quality, It's not in 1080p or anything it just shows at 240p or less. I got this Tablet since feburary 2014 and I didn't start having problems until I bought a poetic magnetic auto sleep case for it, which ended up damaging the sides of my tablet. Is my tablet still in warranty? Will I get a free replacement after this?
    12-01-2014 06:12 PM
    When I first got my Nexus 7 it had a dead pixel in the middle in the screen which was very annoying. I recently sent it in and got a new one (current) that worked fine, but now I have even more problems than before, first the auto rotate does not work at all, then I got ghosting within the screen, And when I recently updated to 5.0 the wifi shuts off when it's in sleep mode, and videos show in horrible quality, It's not in 1080p or anything it just shows at 240p or less. I got this Tablet since feburary 2014 and I didn't start having problems until I bought a poetic magnetic auto sleep case for it, which ended up damaging the sides of my tablet. Is my tablet still in warranty? Will I get a free replacement after this?
    Whether it's still in warranty depends on where & when you bought it. Contact who you bought it from and find out.
    12-01-2014 06:39 PM
    Whether it's still in warranty depends on where & when you bought it. Contact who you bought it from and find out.
    I got it off a guy on Amazon, but the current one I have is one that Asus sent me.
    12-01-2014 06:44 PM
    I got it off a guy on Amazon, but the current one I have is one that Asus sent me.
    Then I would contact ASUS.
    12-01-2014 06:56 PM
    Then I would contact ASUS.
    I don't have the barcode or anything because Asus took my box it came in
    12-01-2014 07:02 PM
    I don't have the barcode or anything because Asus took my box it came in
    Contact them anyway. Since your N7 still starts up, etc, they should be able to have you look up reference numbers, etc. At the very least, they can look up your history of when they replaced it before. I can't see where anyone but Asus is going to be able to help you.

I'm also curious how the poetic case damaged your N7? I can't see it doing anything more than slight scratches, assuming it's the case I'm thinking of.
    12-02-2014 12:34 AM
    Contact them anyway. Since your N7 still starts up, etc, they should be able to have you look up reference numbers, etc. At the very least, they can look up your history of when they replaced it before. I can't see where anyone but Asus is going to be able to help you.

I'm also curious how the poetic case damaged your N7? I can't see it doing anything more than slight scratches, assuming it's the case I'm thinking of.
    It damaged the sides of it, but people have claimed that the magnetic cases can mess up the gyroscope within the tablet.
    12-02-2014 01:08 PM
    It damaged the sides of it, but people have claimed that the magnetic cases can mess up the gyroscope within the tablet.
    I've never heard that before, and haven't had any trouble with my Poetic case. *shrug*
    12-02-2014 05:47 PM
    I didn't start having problems until I bought a poetic magnetic auto sleep case for it, which ended up damaging the sides of my tablet.
    How did a magnetic auto sleep case damage your Nexus 7? As far as I know Poetic Cases are quite good although I was considering buying a cheap non-branded magnet closure for mine. Is this true magnet closure can make some damages to Nexus 7?
    12-03-2014 01:19 PM
    How did a magnetic auto sleep case damage your Nexus 7? As far as I know Poetic Cases are quite good although I was considering buying a cheap non-branded magnet closure for mine. Is this true magnet closure can make some damages to Nexus 7?
    This is the first I've ever heard of it. These are made to interact with magnets for the sleep feature, so it's not like they are generally magnet-averse. I'd be interested in seeing some links to cases where people have had problems proven to be related to magnets/magnet cases, and personally won't be assuming it's true until I see documented cases. I can fairly easily believe that a magnet could throw off a sensor while it's in place, but it's another thing completely to indicate that a magnet (especially the weak magnets found in these cases) would do permanent damage to an internal sensor.
    12-03-2014 04:38 PM
    asus sent you a refurbished "new " tablet. and check the storage, maybe you get 16 extra gb like how it happened to me.

you should just chat with asus online, they will tell you the new serial number. it is easy to chat with them online. and they will decide what to do next.
    12-04-2014 07:36 AM
    I have read a lot of discussion on other forums where people see a relation between excessive battery drain and cases with magnets. I can say that I notice more drain when I have the Moko case on mine versus when I leave it off.
    12-04-2014 08:39 AM
    Is there anyway to find out if my Tablet is still within warranty? I can't find it on the website.
    01-22-2015 04:52 PM
    Is there anyway to find out if my Tablet is still within warranty? I can't find it on the website.
    Where & when did you buy it?
    01-22-2015 05:54 PM