Nexus 7 2013 stuck on Google boot screen post OTA Lollipop Update

thndrkat

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
My stock Nexus 7 2013 go the OTA Lollipop update yesterday afternoon. Rebooted successfully after the update and a second reboot later. Then, sometime this morning while I was away from my desk it rebooted and is now stuck with on the Google screen with the plain black background. Do I just let it sit for a bit and see if it loads?

Thanks in advance!

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Go get the 5.0.1 factory image download the androidsdk your going to need the most recent adb connect it to your computer make sure the battery is fully charged then press vol down and power button go to stock recovery then open a command window and sideload the 5.0.1 factory image and reboot I wish you luck its either this or unlock your boot loader loose everything install a custom recovery root and flash a new ROM (which again will wipe the entire device just like a factory reset)

DeusEx

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
I just updated my Nexus 7 2013 to Lollipop yesterday and today my Nexus 7 2013 is stuck on the Google screen as well. My tablet was working fine until it restarted itself while watching a movie. Since then I have been unable to boot up my Nexus 7 device past the Google screen.

The device is running stock Android, is not boot loader unlocked, nor is developer mode is turned on. All the directions that I have found online seems to require these few settings to be enabled before I can reinstall Lollipop. I have the ADB drivers installed. Windows detects that I have an Android device plugged into my Windows machine, but when I run the "adb devices" command, I don't see a list of any device plugged in. I am completely stumped as to how to restore my tablet.

bodum02

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
I got the notification for the update last week but didn't install it. Tonight I checked and the OTA is GONE! It says my tablet is up to date on 4.4.4. I clicked to check for updates and it's back to saying I'm up to date. Must have been more bugs?

cybernutte

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
I got the notification for the update last week but didn't install it. Tonight I checked and the OTA is GONE! It says my tablet is up to date on 4.4.4. I clicked to check for updates and it's back to saying I'm up to date. Must have been more bugs?
The same thing happened with me, and with one other person who posted in a thread about 5.0.1. It's beginning to sound as if 5.0.1 has been pulled because a number of people are still having problems. I've been perfectly happy with 4.4.4, and frankly I was relieved when the notice to install 5.0.1 disappeared.

Mahendra Reddy2

May 23, 2015
Visit site
I just updated my Nexus 7 2013 to Lollipop yesterday and today my Nexus 7 2013 is stuck on the Google screen as well. My tablet was working fine until it restarted itself while watching a movie. Since then I have been unable to boot up my Nexus 7 device past the Google screen.

The device is running stock Android, is not boot loader unlocked, nor is developer mode is turned on. All the directions that I have found online seems to require these few settings to be enabled before I can reinstall Lollipop. I have the ADB drivers installed. Windows detects that I have an Android device plugged into my Windows machine, but when I run the "adb devices" command, I don't see a list of any device plugged in. I am completely stumped as to how to restore my tablet.

Hi, I also have the same problem with my Nexus 7 2013. The problem started while watching a video...and all the settings are not enabled before. did you resolved your problem? If so, please let me know...will greatly appreciate your help in this regard. Thanks in advance

krifor03

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Had this happen on a Nexus 4, Just get the factory image and install it. The good thing about Nexus is that Google saves everything about your device. So after you re-flash and run the set up, it'll put everything back the way it was the last time it backed up your device

DeusEx

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
Asus processed my repair free of charge. Your best bet is to contact them. They'll quote you some outrageous price but the price isn't finalized for repair until you authorize it.

p1eric

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Hi, I also have the same problem with my Nexus 7 2013. The problem started while watching a video...and all the settings are not enabled before. did you resolved your problem? If so, please let me know...will greatly appreciate your help in this regard. Thanks in advance

Its tough to say if your device is recoverable without some further troubleshooting. My N7 2013 LTE also died one night and wouldn't boot past the Google screen. I attempted to factory reset from recovery and got a ton errors. I sent it in to ASUS and they wanted $205 to replace the motherboard.

The prevailing theory is that one of the Lollipop updates had a bug which caused excessive read/writes and toasted the memory. Neither Google nor ASUS will admit this so there are a ton of upset N7 owners (including me).

Have a look at this thread. Lots of people reporting the same exact same problem after Lollipop and some troubleshooting tips to see if you can recover your device -> https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/nexus/Ykfqr5RnlW0[76-100]

Good luck.

Cyrilmak

Androidoholic
Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
Just happened to me. Inunstalled the 18MB update a few days ago and today BAM restarted and now wont go past the google screen. When to factory wipe and got tons of errors even tried a restore same, errors. I'm beyond upset.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca