...on Groupon. This is my 2nd N7 '13. Had a couple tablets since I sold it almost a year ago. After evaluating my needs, use-cases, preferences, price, etc., I'm back where I should have stayed.

The N9 is a good concept, but a functional deal-breaker plus general quality shortcomings destroy an already difficult-to-justify price point. Kinda disappointing since I've always associated HTC's mobile devices with solid build quality.

I also looked at tablets by other mfgs, but I'm a big vanilla Android fan. I always end up putting AOSP on non-Nexus devices, but the effort, maintenance & bugs wears on me after awhile. I'm dealing with this w/my current phone. I just want a tablet I can enjoy.
    12-06-2014 04:07 PM
    That is a shame. I considered the N9 but decided on the new iPad Air 2 for a number of reasons. Sad to say that reviews have confirmed that I made a good choice.
    12-06-2014 04:54 PM
    Was tempted to get a 9, but gonna wait for HTCs tablets that come out next year. I want to see one with Sense on it.
    12-06-2014 08:04 PM
    Was tempted to get a 9, but gonna wait for HTCs tablets that come out next year. I want to see one with Sense on it.
    Definitely... If they make one. And if the battery is much better than the N9

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-06-2014 09:08 PM
    That is a shame. I considered the N9 but decided on the new iPad Air 2 for a number of reasons. Sad to say that reviews have confirmed that I made a good choice.
    I purchased the N9, but sent it back because of quality issues. I replaced with the iPad Air 2. Nice tablet, but IOS is boring. I really want an n9 with the quality matching the price.
    brosko likes this.
    12-07-2014 04:43 PM
    I'm currently on a Nexus 7, and I'm still pretty interested in getting a Nexus 9 in the near future, despite some of the criticisms it's gotten (I'm aiming for the version that fixes the too-flush side buttons and the light bleed issue, just to be clear). My line of thinking on this is that while the N7's been nothing but great for me, I could definitely use a larger screen with a not-widescreen aspect ratio.

I guess this is more of a personal use case thing: I've found myself using my tablet to read magazines and surf the net a whole lot more than I do watching videos, so there's that. If HTC doesn't come out with their own-brand tablet early next year, I'll likely end up with an N9.
    12-08-2014 02:21 AM
    Definitely... If they make one. And if the battery is much better than the N9

Posted via the Android Central App
    They already confirmed they are releasing high end tablets in 2015. So that will likely be my next purchase for tablet use.
    brosko likes this.
    12-08-2014 04:04 PM
    3 days after ordering, this Groupon buy, my first, is finally in transit. And who knows when I'll get it.

Been spoiled by Amazon Prime. With a dist ctr nearby, I often get "2-day free shipping" stuff overnight if ordered early the day before.

As a tech wh0re, gotta evaluate if the savings is worth the delay to me.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk
    12-09-2014 03:50 PM