I purchased two Nexus 7 2013 tablets. One of them has received the OTA updates all the way to 5.0.1. The other stopped with 4.4.4. Any idea why the second device would have stopped with 4.4.4 and how to get it to 5.0.1?
    12-23-2014 01:43 PM
    It hasn't reached all n7s yet. I think they decide the batches that get the update by serial #'s. Are your 2 device far apart on serial #'s? That might prove this theory. Also just to let you jnow, I had 5.0.1 waiting I'm my notification panel for about 5 days or so because I wasn't sure that I wanted to install it and one day I noticed that it had disappears. This was a couple of weeks ago now and I have yet to receive the update again. I even manually check for it and it says that I am already up to date Running 4.4 4. I guess I missed my chance the first go around and will probably be queued down to bottom of list

Honestly when I get it I am not even installing it anyway but that is for a whole other thread.
    12-23-2014 06:30 PM
    That's probably what happened, but it's a poor way of handling it. If the update is ready, why move people who initially passed on it back to the end of the line? Anymore, people are hesitant to update until they're sure it's not going to bork their device. And there are reports of people with devices that are bricked or otherwise unusable. So being hesitant isn't exactly a bad thing. But either way, it's not like it's a person handing out these updates and can only handle one at a time. So there shouldn't be any reason to penalize people for not wanting to update right away when it seems like every update has issues.

I had an update for Advanced Calling on my Droid Maxx, and I put it off because I didn't want to risk it getting screwed up. And it would keep coming back pushing for me to update. In the meantime I picked up a Droid Turbo, and it replaced the Maxx as my daily driver. After about a month, I powered the Maxx on again and the update was right there waiting for me. I hit update and it started right away, no muss, no fuss. So the question is, why can't Google handle their updates like that?
    12-23-2014 08:10 PM
    guess I missed my chance the first go around and will probably be queued down to bottom of list
    Why the unhappy face? Given all the people who have reported problems with 5.0 and even 5.0.1, I would think you'd be glad to be put at the end of the queue. I'm very thankful that I never received the 5.0 update and that the 5.0.1 update disappeared before I could install it.
    brosko likes this.
    12-24-2014 01:03 PM
    Why the unhappy face? Given all the people who have reported problems with 5.0 and even 5.0.1, I would think you'd be glad to be put at the end of the queue. I'm very thankful that I never received the 5.0 update and that the 5.0.1 update disappeared before I could install it.
    The unhappy face was my attempt at sarcasm. in all seriousness though I would like to at least see that I have the option to update. It makes me feel special for owning a nexus. (kinda like a toddler who wants what he can't have just to have it even though he really doesn't want it) pretty pathetic on my part!
    I do NOT however have any serious intention of upgrading to lollipop when/if I get the update again. At least not for a while and I am sure the bugs have been worked out (no more horror stories).
    12-24-2014 04:46 PM
    Ironically my 2012 has gotten lollipop and my 2013 still hasn't. I came here to see if anyone knew what was going on. I guess I now know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    12-25-2014 10:26 AM