Save big + get 3 months free! Sign up for ExpressVPN today

Hi All,

I'm facing some weird issues and I was wondering if any of you are facing the same/ know how to solve this issue.

Basically, the apps I uninstall from my Nexus 7 still hold up physical memory and I'm unable to get rid of them. When I go to Settings>>Storage>>Apps and I sort the "downloaded" apps by size I get a message for the uninstalled games saying "Not installed". I am unable to delete these apps from my storage even though I've uninstalled it. This is consistent with every app I uninstall, irrespective of size/developer. I am also unable to locate or uninstall these apps even if I connect my tablet through USB storage.

I have attached a few screenshots for illustration. MC4 for example is still occupying ~2GB of memory but I am unable to get rid of it even though I have uninstalled the game.

Regards
    Attached Thumbnails How do I get rid of apps from my physical memory?-ss1.jpg   How do I get rid of apps from my physical memory?-ss2.jpg  
    01-05-2015 09:30 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! That's a strange one. How did you install those games--from the Settings>Apps menu, or from Google Play Store?

Use a file manager app and look through your directories for any folder that looks like it might be related to those uninstalled games, and delete it. Look specifically for big .obb files.
    Ntchwaidumela likes this.
    01-05-2015 02:05 PM
    I'm with BDiddy on this one - that's weird. (Which is why I go to the extra effort of clearing cache, clearing data and then uninstalling apps manually.)

Unless you have some 3rd party application installer/manager running, or are using something other than the Google Play Store, I can't imagine how this problem occurred. I'd suggest performing a Factory Reset and starting from scratch.
    01-11-2015 09:43 PM