Nexus 7 from Groupon?

rupam95

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone who received their nexus 7 16gb from Groupon received notification for Android 5.0.1 or 5.0 update?

I am stuck with KitKat 4.4

Posted via the Android Central App

Dmjohn29

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
I got mine, and immediately sideloaded 5.01. I then did a factory restore, and let it download all my apps that I was using on my Nexus 7 2012. It seems to be working fine.

scipper77

May 6, 2014
Visit site
Google pulled the OTA release of android 5.0 for the Nexus 7 (13) and then a few weeks later a 5.0.1 update was pushed and the within a week that was pulled as well.

There was never an announcement or any explanation given by Google for any of this but currently there is no OTA update for the Nex 7 13.

ETPhoneHomeT

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
I received mine yesterday that I bought to replace a Nexus 7 (2012) which 5.0 turned into a laggy, freezing, random rebooting piece of crap. The day before yesterday, I received 5.0.2 OTA update to my 2012. First day it seemed better, but today I'm already noticing lag and freezing and animations are very jerky. Did factory reset and any benefits are short-lived before problems return.

My 2013 N7 from Groupon arrived with 4.4.2. I updated to 4.4.3, then updated again to 4.4.4 KitKat. There is quite a bit of information out there about a memory leak issue that is crippling some devices OTA updated to 5.0, 5.0.1 and 5.0.2. Google has supposedly found a fix for the issue, but no details on timing of next update to 5.0.3 or 5.1 that should correct it. In the meantime, I'm perfectly happy using a smoothly running 4.4.4 KitKat build until a stable release of Lollipop is available. I have Lollipop on an N10 that runs OK but stability is more important to me than the few extra bells and whistles that Lollipop brings.

megatomic

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
My N7 from Groupon arrived with Kitkat on Friday. I did the 2 offered OTAs (up to 4.4.4) and all was fine. This morning I got my nerve up and flashed the the latest factory image for the device (LRX22C) and I have to say that the tablet is running noticeably smoother now than it was with Kitkat. Same app loading. Now ti see if it is affected by the memory leak I've been reading about.

Here's to hoping we get 5.1 soon.