Hello,

I have a broken nexus 7 (version 2013), it kissed the concrete ground.

I like to know how i can check if the digitizer is still working? It turns on and the screen rotates when i turn the nexus. But i can't unlock, due to the cracks.

I have read the nexus 7 version 1 needs both (screen + digitizer) to be replaced at once, but i am not sure if this is also the case for nexus 7 2013 version?

please advice,
    Barry
    01-10-2015 04:02 PM
    You can buy just the glass and digitizer. Have you ever removed the glass from a phone screen? Successfully? If not, I wouldn't recommend that you do it yourself. If you don't heat the glass enough (and evenly), it'll break, damaging the LCD screen underneath. If you heat it too much the heat will damage the LCD screen. The difference is a few degrees.

Save yourself money (you'll try to replace the glass, ruin the screen, have to buy the whole screen, try to replace that and break something else, and on and on) and bring it to a shop and pay them to do it. They've done it many times and know exactly how to do it without causing any damage. (Technicians work on broken phones until they can get at least a few right in a row. My number was 6 when I had my stores. If you couldn't pop 6 screens in a row in a few minutes, you weren't ready to work on a customer's phone.)
    01-10-2015 04:23 PM