Wiped Nexus 7 in TWRP; cannot connect to computer now- How can I fix the brick?

baseball2210

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
Hello everyone,

This forum has helped me solve a lot of questions, but now I have a problem that no one else seemed to have had yet. To start off, I'd like to remark that I was pretty dumb with what I did.
I rooted my Nexus 7 (2013) with the Nexus Root Toolkit and everything was working fine. I was rooted on 4.4.4. and then two nights ago I got tired of not getting Google's notification to update to lollipop, so without following any tutorial (because I was an *****) I went into the TWRP and clicked Wipe checking all the options in advanced (except the last one "USB" or something like that).
I figured I would be able to simply put fresh firmware onto the device (as I have done multiple times with my iDevices), but turns out with android it's a bit riskier. Currently, I can only boot into the Team Win recovery mode and go through those settings, but I cannot boot into any system and cannot connect it to any of my computers. I've followed multiple guides, but everyone else seems to either be able to connect to their computers or still have a backup on their device. I've tried using the SDK tools and tried to reinstall the drivers on my computer with PDANet for Android, nut on my computer side everything seems to be completely fine.
I've also tried to connect throught the APK sideloader thing, but that didn't work either, am I completely lost now?
Now some one might say just ship it back to the store, but the thing is that I study in Europe and purchased it in the US, so sadly, that's not a possibility.
I hope someone can help me, and trust me, I will be a more responsible android user in the future.

Best regards!
(FYI Nexus 7 sadly doesn't have an SD card slot.)

Slashyou

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
Hello everyone,

This forum has helped me solve a lot of questions, but now I have a problem that no one else seemed to have had yet. To start off, I'd like to remark that I was pretty dumb with what I did.
I rooted my Nexus 7 (2013) with the Nexus Root Toolkit and everything was working fine. I was rooted on 4.4.4. and then two nights ago I got tired of not getting Google's notification to update to lollipop, so without following any tutorial (because I was an *****) I went into the TWRP and clicked Wipe checking all the options in advanced (except the last one "USB" or something like that).
I figured I would be able to simply put fresh firmware onto the device (as I have done multiple times with my iDevices), but turns out with android it's a bit riskier. Currently, I can only boot into the Team Win recovery mode and go through those settings, but I cannot boot into any system and cannot connect it to any of my computers. I've followed multiple guides, but everyone else seems to either be able to connect to their computers or still have a backup on their device. I've tried using the SDK tools and tried to reinstall the drivers on my computer with PDANet for Android, nut on my computer side everything seems to be completely fine.
I've also tried to connect throught the APK sideloader thing, but that didn't work either, am I completely lost now?
Now some one might say just ship it back to the store, but the thing is that I study in Europe and purchased it in the US, so sadly, that's not a possibility.
I hope someone can help me, and trust me, I will be a more responsible android user in the future.

Best regards!
(FYI Nexus 7 sadly doesn't have an SD card slot.)

You need a USB otg USB 2 0 A Female to Micro B Male Converter OTG Adapter Cable for Samsung LG HTC | eBay where you can plug in a usb thumb drive or external harddrive or any storage device that uses usb. and put a rom on there and you are good to go! :)

baseball2210

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
Wow, that was a simple answer! Thanks, I'm definitely going to give that a try.
But until that ships, do you know of a way to create a "virtual usb stick" that the Nexus can recognize when I plug it in my computer?

baseball2210

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
Ok, so I figured my case out: I'm only stating this for other newbies that might do the same dumb mistakes as me. I went into the bootloader on the nexus. I couldn't actively see it in my device manager or my computer's file browser, but with the Nexus Root Toolkit I was able to reflash fresh lollipop onto my device and it actually worked. For all those newbies: The Bootloader (which you get into by pressing a certain button combination when the device is turned off) needs to be open in order to flash and do a lot of other stuff too.
The more experienced people can correct me if I explained something in a bad way, but I hope this device can save other people the stress that I had to go through!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz