Why are my Smart lock trusted places missing?

klapidus

Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
Smart lock trusted places is missing

So, I have a nexus 7 2013 wifi and I recently received the 5.0.1 OTA update. I then was able to enable trusted places within smart lock and it worked ok. Yesterday, 1/22, I received the 5.0.2 OTA update and now, trusted places is completely gone. I've searched all over the internet and have found nothing. I've completely cleared and reset my device a couple of times and still no trusted places. Am I the only nexus 7 2013 owner that does not have this option or option I had but went away?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Smart lock trusted places is missing

Welcome to Android Central! Go to Settings>Security>Trust Agents, and make sure Smart Lock is switched on. Now go back to Settings>Security and look for the Smart Lock feature.

mfprince

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site

Has anyone found a solution to this? I have identical behavior on my N7 2013 Wi-Fi running the stock 5.02 OTA OS. I have trusted places set up in maps and they appear on my HTC One M7 running Lollipop (CM12), so I know my places are set up correctly. I can set up trusted face and trusted device (verifying the trust agent is enabled), but no option in the main Smart Lock screen for Trusted Places.

mfprince

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site

Strange - out of nowhere Trusted Places now appears as a Smart Lock option this morning. I did nothing that I know of nor did I see any Play Store updates come through for Play Services or anything that might have caused this. Happy it's back I guess, wish I knew why though.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463