Google Nexus 7 Sound Options

Jason Smith32

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site
Hey all, been really frustrated with my Nexus 7 and was hoping someone could give me a hand.

I use the Pandora app all the time, it's constantly on. Before the latest update I could have that app in the background playing music while I'm doing other things on my tablet, like playing games or surfing the web.

Now, however, whenever I open another app with Pandora running it closes Pandora, and I don't have my music anymore. When I try to go back into Pandora it starts back up again, but this cancels the app I was in previously, and I'm now stuck in a vicious cycle of turn on app, cancel pandora. Go back to pandora, turns off app. Go back to app, turns off pandora...

I cannot describe how frustrating this is. is there any way to tell this ... machine that I want it to keep playing Pandora, and ignore all other sound priorities?

Thanks a million.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I don't use Pandora, so I'm not familiar with its settings--I assume you've checked them already for any kind of background operation option, correct?

It's probably best to email the developer and alert them to the problem: pandora-support@pandora.com. By the way, looking at the recent reviews on Google Play, it sounds like you're not alone. Lots of complaints about the latest update for various reasons. Hopefully they'll push another update soon that fixes your problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC