Not all Gmail emails shown on Android 5.0.2

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
My elderly HTC Explorer phone - running Android 2.3.5 - picks up exactly the same list of Gmail emails as appear on my laptop.
However, my Nexus 7 (2013) tablet - running Android 5.0.2 - occasionally misses out some of the emails from the list.
I can't see any pattern as to why some emails appear and others don't.
When I search "All Mail" it reports that the folder is empty: "There is no mail here" - even though the list of mailboxes on the left
(Primary, Social, Promotions, Starred .... All mail ....) shows 99+ messages in All mail

Any ideas why the new tablet doesn't see all emails?

How do I configure Gmail on Android 5.0.2? I can't see whether it's using POP or IMAP to retrieve emails.

(I love my HTC Explorer. It's just the right size (small!), it's reliable, it's great for phone, text and emails using wi-fi.
But its tiny memory means I can't fit in the apps I want to use. Hence I bought a tablet.)

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
I found a work-around. In Gmail settings, I un-checked all the inbox categories, leaving just the priority inbox. So all incoming mail goes there now. The missing emails returned, and IMAP all mail filled up with emails. I don't like categorised emails!

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I unchecked the categories too. I could see it being useful for someone that doesn't keep their inbox clean, and has to sort through to find the important stuff, but as someone who keeps on top of all emails (and unsubscribes from junk), the extra inboxes mostly just hid emails from me.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilsgutkowski