Hello,
    I've just bought a Nexus 7 that shows the following specs:
    Asus ME370T
    Android 5.0.2
    kernel 3.1.10-g6ff7a51

The model of my device is listed in the compatibility list on the which-tablets-support-ethernet.html
    page of BobjGear site (but this page is only about the BobjGear adapter, I admit it...).

I'd like to use the micro-USB port as a network connector, and purchased an adapter at Codima's
    (I'm located in Belgium) [I can't post links cause it's the first time I've posted something here...]
    plus a "gender-changer" for use with the cable that comes for charging my Nexus batteries.

But it doesn't work. Yet on youtube video # tvu33kshlSY it seemed pretty easy...

Has someone already done this - having a good ethernet network connection
    through the micro-USB port of a Nexus 7 ? If yes is it *essential* to use an "OTG cable"
    between the USB-RJ45 adapter and the Nexus ? Or does it really -and only ?- depend
    upon the USB/Ethernet adapter you use ?

Thanks a lot in advance for any help, hint or suggestion...
    Regards,
    Sebast
    02-21-2015 10:24 AM
    Here's a slightly different approach - use a pocket travel router like this:

Amazon.com: HooToo TripMate Nano Wireless N Pocket Travel Router: Computers & Accessories

or this:

Amazon.com: HooToo TripMate Wireless N Portable Travel Router with 6000mAh Battery Charger (Wi-Fi Media Sharing for Flash Drive & Hard Disk Storage, Access Point, Mini Wi-Fi Router & Bridge) HT-TM01: Computers & Accessories

I suggest this because it is simple and I know it works - I own both of these devices. They have the added advantage of also providing access to a USB storage device. There are similar devices from other manufacturers available.
    02-21-2015 12:56 PM
    That's no solution to me.
    Nobody ever managed to perform the kind of connection I'm talking about ?

Thanks.
    Seb
    02-23-2015 06:50 AM