5.1 coming soon?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Nice gee-gaws, but I wish they'd take time out and just do a big bug fix. In 40 years of software development, I never had a job from which I wouldn't have gotten fired for putting out such a buggy release.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Nice gee-gaws, but I wish they'd take time out and just do a big bug fix. In 40 years of software development, I never had a job from which I wouldn't have gotten fired for putting out such a buggy release.

I bet a lot of the 5.1 update will be bug fixes.

cybernutte

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
What about Nexus 7 LTE (2013) versions? Still haven't seen any Lollipop version yet!

From what I've been reading on this forum and others, you should probably count yourself lucky!
I fortunately stayed on KitKat 4.4.4, and I'll be in no hurry to "upgrade" to 5.1 until I'm fairly confident that this time they got it right.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
What about Nexus 7 LTE (2013) versions? Still haven't seen any Lollipop version yet!

I thought that finally rolled out? I assume you've done the regular check via settings, etc? I did notice that the LTE versions are already slated for the 5.1 update, though not yet released. I got the impression that they will be on the same schedule as the wifi versions, though I'm not 100% on that.

From what I've been reading on this forum and others, you should probably count yourself lucky!
I fortunately stayed on KitKat 4.4.4, and I'll be in no hurry to "upgrade" to 5.1 until I'm fairly confident that this time they got it right.

Some have had trouble, some (including myself) haven't. We've seen this with pretty much every update that's happened, though to be fair it seems like 5.0, 5.0.1, 5.0.2 have probably had more complaints than usual, and the first two having been pulled before full rollout didn't help the confidence. (I myself didn't get the update until 5.0.2, but have had no problems with it. My wife got it at 5.0, and hasn't had any trouble except some initial lack of response that seems to have been fixed with a cache clear.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800