I've been having trouble since I updated my nexus 7 (2012) to lollipop, but I went to charge it up and when I've come to turn it on it just has 4 coloured balls moving round the screen, I've turned on and off etc bit nothings worked, any advice?
    03-09-2015 09:56 AM
    When you plug it in to charge are you getting any indication that it is attempting to charge? How did it come to be off? If it powered itself down due to lack of power you may want to let it sit on the charger for a time and then attempt to power it on. If you have a good feeling that it is on try a battery pull, or if the battery is not removable try a simulated battery pull by holding up on the volume button and powering the device down.

One additional thing I would try not to allow the device to turn itself off due to low power. Often the power will drop out unexpectedly and not allow the device to properly shutdown. When this happens processes can become corrupted and may require additional reboots to straighten themselves out. This is also hard on the battery, as they are not designed to fully discharge as batteries of the past may have been.

Post back your results and more information may be available to you.
    03-09-2015 10:55 AM
    It was low battery but not put of battery, the screen wasn't responding which I didn't think much to as it's been doing that after the update, then when I took it off charge which I could see was charging it did that, I've cleared cache but when I was on the first screen when you hold volume down and power I saw in small letters in red on left that it was locked, don't know of that makes a difference?
    03-09-2015 12:20 PM
    Holding down on the volume rocker is how you get to the fast boot screen, holding up while turning it off should simulate a battery pull. Be careful holding down on the rocker because one of those selections is factory reset. Which could solve your problem too but I don't think you're too that point yet. Locked is fine, if I'm not mistaken that refers to your bootloader. It just means you haven't unlocked the phone and it's still factory. If you want try one of the higher rated cache cleaners, and again don't forget to knock down some of those SMS and MMS messages. I would uninstall the cache tool once you were done.

Have you made it to your home screen yet?

Posted via Android Central App
    03-09-2015 03:21 PM
    Thank you but it still doesn't work, everything I've tries leads me back to the coloured balls still, wiped cache again and powered down, held volume rocker up as well as down
    03-09-2015 03:42 PM
    Well it may be time to factory reset, unless some other advice comes in, and see if a fresh start doesn't clear things up.

03-09-2015 06:49 PM
    Ok thanks, wish I didn't have to bit I will try that, if that doesn't work should I try flashing the old version kitkat onto it? Even though I'm not great with technology
    03-10-2015 02:18 PM
    Are you rooted? If you're rooted than nothing I've told you really applies. Ask your question at XDA Developers. They will know more about rooted devices. Include your ROM and recovery info.

03-10-2015 08:55 PM