Hey guys, i just got a brand new nexus 7 2013 and i just recently updated to 5.0 lollipop, i don't know if Im having problems with my battery life since a lot of people claim that they can go on a full day without charging the device. And I've heard that 5.0 has alot of bugs. Oh btw, im kinda new here so thanks in advance. please respond
    04-01-2015 04:44 AM
    Guess it depends what your using it for but after the lollipop update my battery life was much worse, so much so I rolled back to kitkat 4.4. To give you an example on kit kat using it for most things such as browsing, Reading watching movies but not games I get around 1 hour 5 mins of screen time per 10% of battery used, on lollipop this fell to around 50 mins per 10%.
    You might try searching the forum to see how to do a cache reset and be mindful that new batteries take a few charge and discharge cycles to reach optimum capacity. Some people report better battery on lollipop but I found the opposite and it's one of the reasons I'm back on kit kat.

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-01-2015 05:20 AM
    Guess it depends what your using it for but after the lollipop update my battery life was much worse, so much so I rolled back to kitkat 4.4. To give you an example on kit kat using it for most things such as browsing, Reading watching movies but not games I get around 1 hour 5 mins of screen time per 10% of battery used, on lollipop this fell to around 50 mins per 10%.
    You might try searching the forum to see how to do a cache reset and be mindful that new batteries take a few charge and discharge cycles to reach optimum capacity. Some people report better battery on lollipop but I found the opposite and it's one of the reasons I'm back on kit kat.

Hey man, thanks for the info. It seems really ironic that lollipop's is said to save more battery but in reality it doesn't. Thanks for the feedback bro appreciated it
    04-01-2015 06:45 AM

How EZ is it to 'roll back' to KitKat? I'll take the time to do it TODAY! Otherwise, I'll be taking a ballpeen hammer to my Nexus 7...I HATE Google more each day!
    04-01-2015 09:20 AM
    How EZ is it to 'roll back' to KitKat? I'll take the time to do it TODAY! Otherwise, I'll be taking a ballpeen hammer to my Nexus 7...I HATE Google more each day!
    Its pretty easy I used wugfresh nexus toolkit but I lost all my data but no problem for me. You can find wugfresh on google just follow the instructions it pretty much walks you through it.

04-01-2015 10:09 AM
    I get a total of 6 hrs during medium to heavy use... Is that good or bad?
    04-01-2015 10:29 PM
    Thank you guys for posting this. I've had a similar problem from a while on 5.02. I even reset the device once after updating. Even though I keep "WiFi off when sleeping" setting on, it still continues to drain the battery and the major culprit is either Google play services or android OS. I don't know what I can do. I've turned off all possible syncs off. I hope 5.1 fixes this drain

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    04-15-2015 09:38 PM
    The 5.1 OTA for wifi devices began rolling out today. Before that, I was on 5.0.2 and didn't have any issues at all. Since upgrading today, I still have no issues; it's smooth, fast, and battery life is great. If you don't have it yet, keep checking. BTW, if it begins to download, and your screen says "waiting to download", leave it alone and let it do its thing. DON'T get anxious and try restarting, etc. Just leave it alone.
    04-16-2015 05:06 PM
    Well, I've been running for 12 hours, mostly heavy use...the 5.1 upgrade, lots of social media, music videos, app updates, photo editing...and I still have 30% battery remaining. This is better than before, on 5.0.2.

Posted via Android Central App
    anon(604250) likes this.
    04-16-2015 11:57 PM
    I bought the N7 early on. It came with Jelly Bean and battery life was superb. When Kit Kat came out the tablet downloaded and upgraded and battery life went in the toilet. I tried everything - system cache, factory reset, several battery monitors and Grennifying everything. Still it would dump 30-40% overnight. When Lollipop 5.01 came out that cured the battery problem and things were back to the way they were with Jelly Bean. But then it downloaded Lollipop 5.02 and battery life went back down the drain. It dumps big chunks just like it did with Kit Kat. I'm hoping Lollipop 5.1 will fix this.
    04-19-2015 03:54 PM
    5.1 made my battery worse than 5.0.2

04-29-2015 05:28 AM
    My device:
    games, videos - 3-4 hours
    surfing, wi-fi, photos - 6-8 hours
    idle - 12-20 hours
    05-04-2015 10:37 PM