Photos on device

btraven

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
One of the reasons I got a Nexus 7 was to be able to show photos to people who might want a print. The stock Photo app picks up all the stuff I post to Google+ Photos, but only if I'm online. If I've taken a good shot of someone--I use a (dare I say it) real camera--and want to show them later, unless I'm online at the time I can't. How can I store at least some photos on the device? Is it possible to move individual images from the Photos app to the device? I've tried using Nexus Media Importer but the online stuff doesn't show up in the All Photos folder. Thanks

btraven

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
Yes, it does. But it also shows all the photos I've uploaded to Google+ and some of these are the photos I would like to keep on the device so I can show them whether I'm online or not.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Uploading them to Google+ doesn't delete them from the phone, they remain there. It's not either/or, it's phone only or phone and Google+ (or any other cloud backup you use). What's on Google+ is a copy, it doesn't move the original off the phone.

btraven

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
These are images I take with a camera not a mobile device. I upload them from the camera to my laptop where I make adjustments like cropping or color correction. Then I select one or two good ones and upload those to Google+ as both posts and Photos.

With my Nexus 7, when I'm online, I can access them either with the G+ app or the Photos app. When I'm NOT online, I get a message that I don't have a data connection so they can't be displayed. I want to move them from my online G+ account onto my Nexus 7 so I can show them to people even when I don't have an internet connection.

You can see what I'm talking about at google.com/+btravenphotos

btraven

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
HA! I just figured it out! When I pull up an online image in either G+ or Photos, I can tap the three-vertical-dots icon--what the heck is that called?--in the upper right corner and one of the choices in the pull-down is Download. Tapping this downloads the image from the web to the device. And I only spent about three hours trying to figure how to do this. If anyone benefits from that, it will have been time well spent.